Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: zeolite

Anonymous Guest/Not Logged In

zeolite

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I am thinking of using some zeolite for absorbing ammonia. never use before so I have some questions...
    How do you use it, any technique? Generally, is it effective? what is the usual price? I staying in Ang mo kio area, get from which LFS the best? Any other information will be appreciated. thanks!

zeolite

I am thinking of using some zeolite for absorbing ammonia. never use before so I have some questions...
    How do you use it, any technique? Generally, is it effective? what is the usual price? I staying in Ang mo kio area, get from which LFS the best? Any other information will be appreciated. thanks!

zeolite

zeolite

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    vincent

it is true that zeolite absorbs NH (sounds good i know) but it aborbs everything else with it as well. that includes liquid fert, medication....blah blah...zeolite also has a lifespan and when that is over, everything it has absord will be released (this happens also when salt is added into the water.

while you will never have NH and NO problems, it also means that your tank is very dependent on zeolite as your tank may never reach a cycled stage. If you ever need to medicate your tank you may have quite a hassle......
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...