Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Re: My aqua-plant landscape - 3rd project

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hygrophila Pinnatifida grown strongly while Hydrocotyle Tripartita were shrink gradually.

Stem of the H. Pinnatifida is getting reddish.

This is one a “Big Mama” of Eriocaulon Amanoanum, it carry some baby plant around it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Incredible! almost all invincible BBA that once panic me that they begin spread in my tank on the month of 5th if I remember correctly over this current landscape project has gone, truly gone. As I thoroughly searching all over the inmate plants in and out in the tank, just finally only found some remaining BBA on the lower part of the CO2 outlet tubing. But I no longer get obsess about it, because that left-over BBA there seem very weak as like seriously starving and I strongly believe that they will gone in another week or more.

One things that exciting me were;
    * Indeed as no remedy has drop to target on to get rid of it(BBA), such as the popular Seachem Excel.
    * Water only get change if only reach around 20 days.
    ** Until then, let me figure out what is next if I miss because time I finished this article was at 3.25a.m late night/morning.

And enjoy this new update.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Your Hygrophila Pinnatifida clumps look really nice and dense... i can imagine they could make for an interesting carpet.

Its great that your BBA issues have been mostly solved, i noticed there are SAE in the tank too, did you notice them nibbling on the BBA over the past few months?
    :: Urban Aquaria ::
    www.urbanaquaria.com

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Very nice Pinnatifida growth. Impressive! Trying to get that bushy effect as well. Mine has since stopped growing bushier. However, good thing is that it is still healthy.
    Holy is the Lord, God Almighty ! The Earth is filled with His Glory !
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet
    Ferts: Dry Mixture/Dr Mallicks. Temp: 26 degrees Substrate: ADA Amazonia

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I can never grow the pinnatifida correctly... Do you dose iron or ADA ECA to get it reddish or just high light?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Nice and healthy tank!
    Could you please state your parameters of your tank in terms of lighting, tank dimensions, CO2 etc?
    Also how did you get rid of the BBA?

I know you have written it somewhere in your thread but appreciate if you can do it again. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I doubt he uses ADA ECA. If you visit Aquatic Avenue, you will find that the pinna there is red as hell. Very very red. You will wonder if it is even pinna. That, is the effect of using ECA.

Though mine is sparse, the colouration is similar to his. Just interested to know how he plants them and what lights to cause such dense growth.
    Holy is the Lord, God Almighty ! The Earth is filled with His Glory !
    90 x 50 x 50 cm tank: Eheim 2217; ANS CO2 Solenoid with 60mm intense bazooka; Zetlight 6400; Teco 500 Chiller; Borneo Wild Steel inlet/outlet
    Ferts: Dry Mixture/Dr Mallicks. Temp: 26 degrees Substrate: ADA Amazonia

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Phillipians View Post
    I doubt he uses ADA ECA. If you visit Aquatic Avenue, you will find that the pinna there is red as hell. Very very red. You will wonder if it is even pinna. That, is the effect of using ECA.

Though mine is sparse, the colouration is similar to his. Just interested to know how he plants them and what lights to cause such dense growth.
    Not red but very pink. The guy at Aquatic Avenue told me it's high lighting and CO2. I thought it should be iron instead.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Aquaria View Post
    Your Hygrophila Pinnatifida clumps look really nice and dense... i can imagine they could make for an interesting carpet. [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Gioroni\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

Its great that your BBA issues have been mostly solved, i noticed there are SAE in the tank too, did you notice them nibbling on the BBA over the past few months?
    Ha!Ha! have to be manage to get them grown in such dense, like pruning and sorting out them on weekly schedule. SAE is one of the major factor in battling against BBA(me kick-out the lazy "daddy" SAE then intro 2 small one). Another measure I guess is replacing the 5 years old Eheim Substrate Pro with the BioHome "similar" Bio-ring(it dirt cheap because it was from raw ceramic rather than the expensive Sintere glass)(But it be able to perform shocking liquidize sucking in test as shown in Youtube(may micro second slower if compare to the true BioHome), further more it got some cracking surface), and as I’m not forget have to thanks to the big and over size canister filter, In which it capable to load-up to approximately 15 Liters of Active Bio functioning medias.

Very nice Pinnatifida growth. Impressive! Trying to get that bushy effect as well. Mine has since stopped growing bushier. However, good thing is that it is still healthy.
    Thank much. Patience I think (the work-out).

Quote Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
    I can never grow the pinnatifida correctly... Do you dose iron or ADA ECA to get it reddish or just high light?
    No,actually in my aquatic’s work I only sticks to 3 essential elements; Seachem’s Potassium, Iron and Comprehensive. Occasionally just solely used the ADA’s Step 3.

Quote Originally Posted by nature247 View Post
    Nice and healthy tank!
    Could you please state your parameters of your tank in terms of lighting, tank dimensions, CO2 etc?
    Also how did you get rid of the BBA?

I know you have written it somewhere in your thread but appreciate if you can do it again. Thanks!
    Thank for your compliment. Here I go; Tank size: 36x18x18”. 4 PPL 36 Watt_6500K plus 2 18Watt cheapo Philips 365 light. Substrate: ADA Amazonia + “fate”and Unknown media look alike ADA PowerSand. CO2 uncounted but a lot I thinks as I see with my naked eye beside I use Atomizer.

As regarding the BBA solving know-how, please see the thread above.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

I’m not using other than ADA Step 3. I would admit that I only keen to Seachem’s 3 “King”. I sensing that those rock hard scape that H. Pinnatifida have attach deadly firm as they naturally did might produce some beneficial vital nutrient for they strong thrive. My ferts could last for years, as I was not too obsess to use ferts.

And my unusual method of applying the ferts is NOT dripping, but I rather use “close-target-injection” with simultaneously 90 minutes water pump power off. As letting for some enough lea way for the plant to react before the ferts's liquid flow-away by the strong water current.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

The chiller's thermostat couldn't be stay accurately after I did a calibrate correction again and again, it always tend to run out of it actual calibrated adjust point and shifting to a higher slope temp reading in just several minutes.

Dismantling it for general cleaning and try to diagnostic the thermostat problem. Rinse the condenser thoroughly rear and front side with spraying of water.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

My plant tank at the current view.

Quite awesome as assuming they still in good shape as i barely pay least attention to them.
    As I'm at the verge of quitting this lovely hobby.

Sadly that those stacking rock creeping Hygrophila Pinnatifida only have some left-over.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011