Images
    Country
    Singapore

clearness of tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i have setup my planted tank for like abt 1 month already but the water is not crystal clear.. sometimes the water is even yellowish in colour.. anyone knows if this is normal?
    2.5Ft tank, co2 at 2bps, 3X36W on 8 hrs a day, otos and bee shrimps in tank currently, do a water change everyday (abt 1/ cause its always not crystal clear, eheim 2213..

is it something to do with my fliter or something wrong with my tank??? pls advise thanks..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

clearness of tank

i have setup my planted tank for like abt 1 month already but the water is not crystal clear.. sometimes the water is even yellowish in colour.. anyone knows if this is normal?
    2.5Ft tank, co2 at 2bps, 3X36W on 8 hrs a day, otos and bee shrimps in tank currently, do a water change everyday (abt 1/ cause its always not crystal clear, eheim 2213..

is it something to do with my fliter or something wrong with my tank??? pls advise thanks..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

clearness of tank

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

clearness of tank

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Morph,

Is your driftwood new or did you seasoned it enough? How thick is your gravel above your base fertiliser? Is it thick enough to prevent leaching? Is your filter too strong that it is stirring up detritus from the bottom? This are some possibilities that I can think of and I hope they help.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 11/5/2002 3:39:54 PM

Hi Morph,

Is your driftwood new or did you seasoned it enough? How thick is your gravel above your base fertiliser? Is it thick enough to prevent leaching? Is your filter too strong that it is stirring up detritus from the bottom? This are some possibilities that I can think of and I hope they help.
    ----------------
    driftwood shld be seasoned cause bought from teo.. my gravel is abt 1cm thick base fert abt 6-8 cm... now that u mentioned it, i think my gravel is not enough.. []
    whats the ideal thinkness for gravel?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    [/quote]
    driftwood shld be seasoned cause bought from teo.. my gravel is abt 1cm thick base fert abt 6-8 cm... now that u mentioned it, i think my gravel is not enough.. []
    whats the ideal thinkness for gravel?
    ----------------
    [/quote]

I like your base thickness. Personally, I would go for 2~3cm (1inch)of gravel.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Can you tell whether is it a yellowish tint or you can see small particle floating in the water column? Yellow tint is likely to be caused by the driftwood. Else, you might want check your filter media, add some filter floss if necessary.
    My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    what are filter floss?? mine is yellow tint like that..

guess gotta get some more gravel cause i just realized some part having only less than 1cm of gravel [:]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Filter floss is one type of filter media, in floss form. [:] Filter floss is cheap and very efficient in mechancial filtration, ie to remove solid particles from the water. However, it might clog easily.

Add more gravel would be a good idea as I too feel that 1cm is too thin.
    My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Filter floss is the white cotton-like type.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.