Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rescaping my tank (pic intensive)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Rescaping my tank (pic intensive)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Make use of the long weekend to redo my tanks. Took some pics of one of the setup. Would like to share with you.
    This is my 120x45x45cm tank, decide to give the tank a new look.

The plants are removed, those that I need are kept in a pail and the rest are given away. The fish are moved into a 2ft holding tank. Never bother to wash the gravel because of the base fert. I just siphon out as much dirt as possible.

I arrange the bogwood to create a 'valley' effect. Note that opening is approx. at the golden ratio of 1:1.618.

The next thing is to tie the moss to the bogwood...

Notice the different in the height of gravel in the front and back.

Planting completed. Sorry as there isn't any pic during the planting process as both hand are busy with the planting.

Add in the algae-eating crew and here is another pic of the completed tank.

My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Make use of the long weekend to redo my tanks. Took some pics of one of the setup. Would like to share with you.

The plants are removed, those that I need are kept in a pail and the rest are given away. The fish are moved into a 2ft holding tank. Never bother to wash the gravel because of the base fert. I just siphon out as much dirt as possible.

I arrange the bogwood to create a 'valley' effect. Note that opening is approx. at the golden ratio of 1:1.618.

Planting completed. Sorry as there isn't any pic during the planting process as both hand are busy with the planting.

My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

My Apisto Keeping Diary

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

My Apisto Keeping Diary

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Jacian,
    Good job, this setup will be another masterpiece.Anyway, would you mind sharing your world ranking 290 tank with us.
    Aquatic plants and LEGO collector.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Everyone here will be more then please to hear that =)
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Jacian,
    Nice tank. Thinking of copying your idea.

What are the 2 corner boxes for?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Jacian,

Read somewhere about the golden ratio for aquascaping but don't seem to understand how that is determine within a tank. Could you enlighten me or link me to a site where I can read it on me own.

Geoffrey

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Alfa, I do not have a digtal copy of the tank as it was taken on slide. Anyway, I would check if I have anything close to that.

kc, those are not boxes. They are just a piece of glass with backdrop silcone to them. I use them to cover up the skimmer, CO2 reactor etc...

geoffrey, bascially it is to have the focal point placed off-centre. The focal point could be a plant, bogwood or a rock. In my case, I have whole row of bogwood with a little opening, thus I would like to have that opening as the focal point.

You can try this link for more information.
    My Apisto Keeping Diary

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Jacian,

Nice even in it's early stage !

What is the busy plants in the background somewhere near the center ? Cabomba ?

And what is the w/gallon for your tank and water temperature ?

Thks.

Peter

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks, Jacian.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Jacian,

This is a 4ft frameless tank?
    What brand is yet? How much is it?
    Where can I get one?

Any info on the lighting?

thanks,

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    btw, excellent idea to hide the skimmer and rector...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Irn-Bru, the brand is Jebo.. u can check with H20

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Jacian, is the gravel in the tank belong to the previous set up or u brought everything new???? If it is new, how many pack is it to make up a level like yours?? Do u put any base fert???? What the brand and how much u have put in?
    Sorry to ask so many questions. I just want to know the amount you have put in for my reference of my planted tank "future development".[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    As what Simon said, the tank is Jebo from H20. I got it at abt $450 2 years back. The lights I am using are 3 Philips 36W FL Daylight tubes ($2.80 each) and 2 National 36W FL Cool Daylight tubes ($6.80 each). The Philips are 6200K while the National I believe is around 6500K to 7000K. Total lights are 180W over 60gallon, approx 3W/gallon.

Peter, the plant is Didiplis diandra, they are from my existing 2ft tank.

Kunner, the gravel are reused, same as the base fert. Cannot remember how much gravel but the base fert is JBL, 2 bags.
    My Apisto Keeping Diary

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hope to see more of yr world class tanks in the future![]
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 11/6/2002 8:54:15 AM

Jacian,
    Nice tank. Thinking of copying your idea.

What are the 2 corner boxes for?

----------------
    Jacian, this is as best flattery can get.
    Can't wait for your updates on how the tank will turn out when water is cleared and the plants grown in. I see another beautiful tank in the making.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Nice tank you have there! I think its a great idea the way you hide the filter inlet and outlet but I was wondering if there will be dead water situation just infront of the "wall" covering up the inlet and outlet? As in the walls might channel the water directly from outlet to inlet so the front may not experience much current?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Jacian, what's that " Greyish Rectangular Box " in the middle top portion of the tank ?.
    Man ! damn chio set-up ! [] .

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast