Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Cherry shrimps killing each other?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Exclamation Cherry shrimps killing each other?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have just set up my cherry shrimp tank, everything has been fine for the last few days, until today, when I came home after school to find 2 cherries feeding off another one.
    The shrimp being fed on seemed (the legs were moving, or it may be the legs of the 2 other shrimps, I could not tell) to be still moving, however, it was upside down.
    I am wondering whether this may be due to the fact that I have not been feeding the shrimps(they do not touch the food), or if it is just due to the fact that the shrimp have already died.
    This is what my tank looks like, I was hoping that the shrimps would be able to feed off the micro-organisms on the marimo, especially since I will be going for a 3-day camping trip, and will not be able to feed them.
    Is there anything wrong with my tank?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i have not encounter anything like that before. but there was once i noticed that one of my CRS is upside down and mins later other shrimps start to feed on him and he died.

I believe that shrimps should already be on the deathbed there is no way to help already thats why the others are feeding on him..just my 2 cents

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ok, that sound good to me. I was worried that they were straving or something.