Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Come'on, more pictures. Can't wait to see how will your tank turn out to be like. So excited! Haha.
    Zack

Planted tank: Melanotaenia Lacustris, Melanotaenia Parkinsoni, Melanotaenia Praecox,
    Glossolepis Incisus, Melanotaenia Maccullochi, Melanotaenia Boesemani, Iriatherina Werneri, Barilius Canarensis

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Amazing... Let us know if the filter media is really that good. Got urge to try ADA media. haha
    Cheers,
    Sean

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow!!! First time to have a close up look at ADA equipments. No wonder they are priced so high.

So delicate and fine.

Will be following this thread for sure.

Makes me want to tear down my tank and redo!!

All the best Jervis

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by inimicus View Post
    Hi Jervis

i realised that you're using the Arcadia Arcpod for lights. It's fluorescent tubes inside isn't it? Is it enough for the plants you're growing?
    It's actually a 11W PL (single tube) fixture. Thanks to the arc reflector... this 11W PL looks a lot brighter compared to others. INFO

I've just bought my 3rd fixture, providing the tank with 33W. I chose 3 different PL tubes:
    1) Osram White
    2) Philips Cool White
    3) Philips Warm White

Will fix tomorrow

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    wow very high light jervis! you have almost double the amount of lights i have over my 1ft cube

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by PlAnTaNoOb View Post
    Amazing... Let us know if the filter media is really that good. Got urge to try ADA media. haha
    Actually... I have yet to see any result. But I've discovered the following today:

1) The Bio Rio (bacteria housing) media is a little too dusty. My tank is still a bit cloudy now. Since Bio Rio comes with bacteria inside (the bag is moist)... unlike other medias, I can't rinse it before use

2) It requires canister with strong pumps, Bio Rio is much finer compared to ceramic rings... causing reduced pump flow when compacted into filter trays. Now I know why the original ADA canister pump uses such a powerful pump (I believe it's Iwaki).

Will monitor and update you guys on this media.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I was interested in getting it but went to the site and it said that it was FL. Anyway...what colour tubes does it come in originally? The tube easy to change?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hebi View Post
    impressive! i cant wait to see pictures of the tank now.. haha
    Alright... here you go My first FTS (Full Tank Shot)

The layout is by no mean final... will decide once the tank stabilizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenislev View Post
    Come'on, more pictures. Can't wait to see how will your tank turn out to be like. So excited! Haha.
    Here you go...

I love this angle shot.

A spare piece of Ohko rock... perhaps a new style of making the tank more 3D (helps blend-in with its surrounding)

Love the Nana Petite, bought a pot just for this tank

Quote Originally Posted by inimicus View Post
    I was interested in getting it but went to the site and it said that it was FL. Anyway...what colour tubes does it come in originally? The tube easy to change?
    It's PL bro... not FL It comes with a rather useless Arcadia "pinkish" tube... I manage to get it changed to Osram/Philips without additional cost. This fixture is 100% waterproof... but changing tube is not difficult at all.
    Last edited by Fei Miao; 25th Apr 2008 at 13:53. Reason: merge posts

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice layout and nice tank! I would love to see this grow.

One comment: Not sure if you really meant to have the Echinodorus at the right side of the back of the tank. It can grow huge and spoilt the look and by then, if you want to remove it in a small tank, I am quite sure it will cloud the whole tank.

My personal perference for that spot will be another stem plant (eg. Rotala sp. green, or MM) or more blyxa japonica. The tall branch on the left looks slightly off now, but I think when the moss on it grows as well the rest of the plants around it grows, it should do just fine.

I envy your set-up. Maybe I shall try a mini-ADA tank too! =)
    ----------------------------

do not do to others what you will not want done to you!

be kind! =)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice setup. Your nana petite looks like the bigger version.

By the way, why don't u remove the impeller of your canister filter and use an external pump to power the canister?
    Cheers,
    Sean

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by checkerboard View Post
    One comment: Not sure if you really meant to have the Echinodorus at the right side of the back of the tank. It can grow huge and spoilt the look and by then, if you want to remove it in a small tank, I am quite sure it will cloud the whole tank.

My personal perference for that spot will be another stem plant (eg. Rotala sp. green, or MM) or more blyxa japonica. The tall branch on the left looks slightly off now, but I think when the moss on it grows as well the rest of the plants around it grows, it should do just fine.
    Thanks bro for your constructive comments... I added the Echinodorus to help with nutrients exporting... but you do have a point there about it messing up the tank later.

Once the tank stabilizes, I will probably get more Blyxa japonica to fill up that area. Yeah I really hope the Moss can grow a bit faster

Quote Originally Posted by PlAnTaNoOb View Post
    Nice setup. Your nana petite looks like the bigger version.

By the way, why don't u remove the impeller of your canister filter and use an external pump to power the canister?
    Oh I'm such a noob

The flow is still not that bad... will monitor the situation for a few days more before doing anything radical.
    Last edited by Fei Miao; 25th Apr 2008 at 13:30. Reason: merge posts

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    bro jervis,

ask you a newbie question,

for PL light, if i want to change the wattage, i just need to change the bulbs? No need to change ballast or whatsoever?

( ie if presently is a 55W bulb and i want to change to 36W i just need to find a PL tube that is the correct wattage? )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by sfk7 View Post
    for PL light, if i want to change the wattage, i just need to change the bulbs? No need to change ballast or whatsoever?

( ie if presently is a 55W bulb and i want to change to 36W i just need to find a PL tube that is the correct wattage? )
    Bro I really cannot be certain about that... best to check with the shop owner, those at DIY shop will be able to help I believe. Better be safe... coz electricity + water = deadly

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Jervis

Nice tank! The clarity of the ADA tank is really impressive..Haha! Tempted to get another 30-C after looking at your tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Jervis

Do you intend to have a chiller to cool your tank? or just fan?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by williamng View Post
    Jervis

Do you intend to have a chiller to cool your tank? or just fan?
    I am currently using a small fan... how crucial is a chiller for a non-shrimp tank? My water temperature is around 22ºC to 26ºC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    it depends what kind of plants you are keeping, whether they need cool temperature. If you don't mind topping up of water, i think temperate around 22-26 degrees should be fine.

By the way, i think if you are planning to change the Echinodorus to Blyxa japonica. Its better to change it now before it gets rooted.
    Chee Yong

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by tcy81 View Post
    it depends what kind of plants you are keeping, whether they need cool temperature. If you don't mind topping up of water, i think temperate around 22-26 degrees should be fine.

By the way, i think if you are planning to change the Echinodorus to Blyxa japonica. Its better to change it now before it gets rooted.
    I dun mind topping water at the moment... but running a chiller on a 1ft cube seems to be a bit exaggerating Thanks... will remove the Echinodorus tomorrow. Maybe I bring it back to the LFS

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ya i feel a chiller for just a 1ft cube is like overkill. but topping up water is dam tiring to me.

anyway jervis bro, mind telling me how you managed to grow your moss to that shape? or did you just tie bunches on purpose?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    nice scape as always jervis

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast