Country
    Singapore

Plant and Tetra test kits lobang

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi folks,

Another lobang which I thought I will share.

Came across a LFS at Tampinese St 21, blk 201 called Petpro (not K&K which is a few shops away and crowded). This shop is pretty quiet but I'm impressed by it's choices of plants and they are actually labelled (on the tank) with a serial number. You can ask the owner for a catalog for the full name and picture of the plants and it's requirements. I don't think I've came across any shop that is this organised.

Also, if you are using Tetra test kits, their NO2 and NO3 kits are going for $8.70 only. Cheaper than the pH tester at Carrefour ! Driftwood price and quality also look reasonable. It is also here that I saw "Borneo sucker". The owner is a middle-age man who is friendly and patient.

Cheers,
    Peter

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for the information peter
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 1/14/2002 11:13:47 AM

Hi folks,

Another lobang which I thought I will share.

Came across a LFS at Tampinese St 21, blk 201 called Petpro (not K&K which is a few shops away and crowded). This shop is pretty quiet but I'm impressed by it's choices of plants and they are actually labelled (on the tank) with a serial number. You can ask the owner for a catalog for the full name and picture of the plants and it's requirements. I don't think I've came across any shop that is this organised.

Also, if you are using Tetra test kits, their NO2 and NO3 kits are going for $8.70 only. Cheaper than the pH tester at Carrefour ! Driftwood price and quality also look reasonable. It is also here that I saw "Borneo sucker". The owner is a middle-age man who is friendly and patient.

Cheers,
    Peter
    ----------------
    I've been to the shop many times but neber bought anything coz prices are steep when compared to places like Havelock and Clementi...for plants.
    my $0.02 worth...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Depends what you are getting exactly. So far, no shop I know of is lowest in everything. I had thought that fish at C328 is cheap until I know of the one at Blk 164 Tampines. I thought plants are cheap at Yishun at $1.40 until I know of Capricorn. Really depends on what you need lah. That's why I'm quite specific at what is really reasonably priced. You don't want to get your Taiwanese 2 ft FL tubes at Petpro for example at more than $10. I got my red myrio plant (seldom seen in LFS) which looks quite healthy at $1.50. I bought my NO2 and NO3 kits at $8.70 each and I've never seen anywhere selling lower than this in Sg .. not even C328 or Petmart.

May be an idea to maintain some sort of LFS database with their strengths in this forum ? Drop the cons as it can be quite sensitive.