Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

triming/pruning of plant

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Halo, may i know how do u all trim/prune those stem plant that grow very fast. Can i trim away those stem that is above the gravel and replant it in the gravel again? But problem is the plant have no roots now !! Cos if i trim away the top part is alway those new green shoots and is not nice already if trim top portion. I have plants like hottonia and cambomba and is a waste if trim away those new green shoots. Thankz

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

triming/pruning of plant

Halo, may i know how do u all trim/prune those stem plant that grow very fast. Can i trim away those stem that is above the gravel and replant it in the gravel again? But problem is the plant have no roots now !! Cos if i trim away the top part is alway those new green shoots and is not nice already if trim top portion. I have plants like hottonia and cambomba and is a waste if trim away those new green shoots. Thankz

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

triming/pruning of plant

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

triming/pruning of plant

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    PEPSI..simply trim the top and replant it. Cut between the nodes <-(stem in between the leaves).
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I find it's better to replant the top cuttings of cabomba, since its not a strong side shooter. But for other stem plants like hottonia, rotala.... you can just cut the plant by two-thirds and let the remaining redevelop side shoots. The top cutting can of course be replanted.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    just a addon to what budak have said,

if u want to achieve a bushy/thick effect of that particular plant, u can trim off 1/2 or 3/4 from the top (depending on yr scaping) and the cut portion have grow side shoots...