Advertise here

Advertise here
    no... my fish are just as active.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks guys for the kind words.

The 5 ft tank is running on chiller, with 4 X 36W FL light. So it's less than 2 Watts per gallon. I have 1 bubble of CO2 per second and the substrate used is Dennerle aquarium gravel, which was in place in 2002. Very likely expired in nutrients as far as base fertiliser is concerned. I don't really change water. Perhaps 30% every 3 to 8 months.

I dose 4 squirts of Ferka (blue and green) whenever I'm around, which is not very often. But it seems to work so far as the other Cryptocoryne spp. are growing well. It's just the parva that painfully slow.

If any one wants an instant lawn, I've indicated that the 50 pots in the first post can only pack a Gex/Five Plan S size (1 ft) tank. So that should give you a good gauge.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey Benny, Any picture of the entire scape ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Thanks guys for the kind words.

The 5 ft tank is running on chiller, with 4 X 36W FL light. So it's less than 2 Watts per gallon. I have 1 bubble of CO2 per second and the substrate used is Dennerle aquarium gravel, which was in place in 2002. Very likely expired in nutrients as far as base fertiliser is concerned. I don't really change water. Perhaps 30% every 3 to 8 months.

I dose 4 squirts of Ferka (blue and green) whenever I'm around, which is not very often. But it seems to work so far as the other Cryptocoryne spp. are growing well. It's just the parva that painfully slow.

If any one wants an instant lawn, I've indicated that the 50 pots in the first post can only pack a Gex/Five Plan S size (1 ft) tank. So that should give you a good gauge.

Cheers,
    low tech sounds like it should work fine then!

actually i was thinking of a jap hg lawn for a new low tech setup, but was slightly apprehensive still on the chances for success
    now your parva lawn is really making me think twice about the plant of choice!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    haha i made a similar transition lee1224. i was set on jap HG, then i thought maybe a fine sand foreground would look nice...then i saw benny's pictures and now i'm stuck

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow Benny the parva lawn sure looks nice & captivating!!! Does Parva need very cool water to thrive? thinking of replacing my HG in my 1-foot cube with these...

Mind if I ask how much does a pot of these parva normally cost if bought from LFSs? Besides C328 & via Midori, anyone tried ordering via Mizu? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    haha i made a similar transition lee1224. i was set on jap HG, then i thought maybe a fine sand foreground would look nice...then i saw benny's pictures and now i'm stuck
    i tried a fine sand foreground already
    so now my intention is to do a planted foreground
    and benny's parva lawn is oh so tempting eh

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah i'm in love with parva because of his foreground! but 50 pots for my 1ft cube is too pricey for me i've done a number of Jap HG nano foregrounds, and it looks like i might have to do it again

maybe i'll do a fine sand foreground with parva acting as the divider to cover the substrate, and to act as a ground cover between the hardscape!

benny you've poisoned me deep

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post

what is the plant that is golden brown in colour just behind the c.parva?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Some weird crypt for china if i'm not wrong..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Milk View Post
    Tissue culture....interesting...I have read somewhere that pitcher plant(Nepenthes) are being cultured through this process, i think orchid plants too...Never really read that crypts can do done the same way...

Anyway,Lorba...any links to tissue culture of crypts??

REgards
    Milk
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...17290acd1425c4

here's one. looks real easy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12