Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A 1 day Cryptocoryne collection trip in Malaysia?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by illumbomb View Post
    Wah you all "siao-on" leh, are you sure you all want to walk around with wet, soggy, heavy army boots the whole day? I thought sandals would be more comfortable.
    more grip ma... some more the new army gortex boots quite comfortable to wear...

boots
    1)more grip
    2) less chances of spraining your ankle
    3)if got mud boots won't get stuck inside
    4)protect your feet from cuts blah blah blah

sandals
    1)comfortable
    2)light

but i will bring sandals or slipper along so that after that can change...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi folks,

Wow you guys are really hot on this trip!

You can do away with leeches ... there is a trick. wear a pantyhose! leeches wont bite it thru one.

anyway, let me know if you guys swinging vines from tree to tree and meet Jane there let me know!

happy trips, Tarzans!
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hmm how come no one bring tiolet paper.
    Best Regards, TS
    PlantLog Garden Cryptocoryne, Bucephalandra .....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Guys, do note that AQ do not condone acts of our members collecting wildlife or plants from nature reserves all over the world. As such I have deleted posts suggesting or revealing locations where you might find native flora and fauna.

We strongly suggest that should you do any collecting, please do so in abandoned palm tree plantations or road side streams or drains.

More discussion of locations which are in designated nature reserves will see the thread closed for discussion.

Cheers.
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Tarzans,

look like you guys want to do some collecting flora and fauna, i rather you Tarzans take some Marco photo shootings and enjoy the quietness, coolness and total mystery of jungle can be.

Like I say before take an expenditure along the Johore River ( Kota Tinggi) to watch the nature's mesmerising phenomenon - the beautiful presence of fireflies found in abundance on berembang trees along the banks the Johor River and dine one of the Malay local seafood resturant try "Gong Gong" shell type, freshly caught water crabs and kelapu fishes under RM 100 for 8 hungry Tarzans!

Or Expenditure to Endau Rompin National Park try Leisure, jungle survival training, team building, adventure package with full detail itinerary and the cost ( not more than SGD 400) depends on how you like . Here the link, you can give a try.
    http://impressions.com.my/endau.htm

If you guys going to Endau Rompin National Park, let me know i also want to be Tarzan , too!
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think there no more any place where we can watch firefly, i know when i was still staying in a kampung, i do see some at night outside our old house.

It will be great if it a nature walk and have some photo taking and some treking to see the nature which is rare in singapore.

thanks eddy for sharing. Would like to have short weekend trip, treking, ... It is also a good way to have some form of exercise...
    Best Regards, TS
    PlantLog Garden Cryptocoryne, Bucephalandra .....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ehh... so when are we going guys? Should we meet up for more discussion so that we can put down in papaer what are the plans, wet weather program etc etc?

As fireflies, i just came back from a trip to malaysia firefly park near KL. Awesome sight!!
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I was hoping to get more feedback from old horses on the roads to travel on to find these "abandoned palm tree plantations or road side streams or drains" first before fixing the date? Since it would be a 1 day trip, hopefully the collection locations are nearby to JB city so as to cut down on travelling time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I was hoping to get more feedback from old horses on the roads to travel on to find these "abandoned palm tree plantations or road side streams or drains" first before fixing the date? Since it would be a 1 day trip, hopefully the collection locations are nearby to JB city so as to cut down on travelling time.
    Bro, maybe we can meet up for coffee and discuss?
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada
    Where and when will the discussion be? Please somewhere close to a MRT station!

In regards to old horses, perhaps we should try to 'invite' a few of them to be our guide(s) and see if anyone is willing? I'm new here but I've seen Kuching (sp?) post alot of cool jungle pics. It'd be nice to have him along with us I think.

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    Bro, maybe we can meet up for coffee and discuss?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ZANE View Post
    Where and when will the discussion be? Please somewhere close to a MRT station!

In regards to old horses, perhaps we should try to 'invite' a few of them to be our guide(s) and see if anyone is willing? I'm new here but I've seen Kuching (sp?) post alot of cool jungle pics. It'd be nice to have him along with us I think.

Z.
    just let me know one day in advance.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    But do you all roughly know where to locate these streams (I can't contribute much as I don't travel to Malaysia often)? If not meet up also can't plan for anything concrete unleass you all just want to go ahead and search along the way without any leads, then we must be prepared for the possibility of ending up empty-handed. By the way, any of you can drive in Malaysia?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey guys, although you all don't know the exact sungei or stream or drain, but isn't the process of going with a group of like-minded people the most fun part? The exploring.

The end result – getting the crypt or fish is just cream. Enjoy!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada
    That's really nice of you man! I'll definately give you a call. I'm north american size 9 ... or so they say in some shoe stores . As for metric... don't ask me cuz most things in North America are still measured in Imperial scale lol.

As for my name, just call me Zane. Just like my log-in. Yeah, I'll post my cell number as soon as I can figure out how to use the dang thing. Yeesh. Cell phones... yeah I know I need to catch up with the times :P.

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Altum_lover76 View Post
    what's your feet size? maybe i can lend you my army boots?

Call me. my contact is listed.

Cheers~!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    let me know of the planning kopi session also...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    How about we settle on hiring a taxi for the whole day to drive us around like what some others did, we shall hunt for our taxi when we reach there and show the taxi drivers some photographs (from internet) of the types of streams / swamps we are looking for? We could try some locations (this shall be decided by the taxi driver) nearer to Johor Bahru (i.e. Pulai, Kulai, Tebrau, Tenggara?). Will this work?
    Last edited by illumbomb; 30th Mar 2008 at 23:09. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    don't think taxi driver will do that right? even if they do don't think it will be cheap also..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    How about we settle on hiring a taxi for the whole day to drive us around like what some others did, we shall hunt for our taxi when we reach there and show the taxi drivers some photographs (from internet) of the types of streams / swamps we are looking for? We could try some locations (this shall be decided by the taxi driver) nearer to Johor Bahru (i.e. Pulai, Kulai, Tebrau, Tenggara?). Will this work?

Eh... i don't think this is feasible... unless we know malaysian taxi drivers. May i counter propose that we get the seniors from our community like Mr Tree or Budak to bring us around?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    david, catch some wild bettas for me!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    david, catch some wild bettas for me!

okie if the trip is confirm...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast