Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: A 1 day Cryptocoryne collection trip in Malaysia?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Wynx and Rashid,

Thanks for the info, the type of net I bought simply shows that I am not too concerned about catching fishes!!! Hope that planted86 and zane bring the appropriate gears though. I will be the spoilt brat, not wanting to get dirty, standing beside the vehicle to "jaga (look after)" all your "barang barangs (belongings)" and give you all my moral support and eye power! Joking, I will be busy taking photographs of you guys using my N73 to insert in our field report no. 001!!!!!

Regards,
    T S Wang

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Tarzans
    New here, very envy of the trip. Never made it, got my own jungle to take care..with 3 little tarzansss.....Ha.
    Dont think you need nets, the fish will run when it touches the water. Can buy those plastic net that people buy for wrapping moss, cheap too, 1 or 2 m by 0.5 m about 2 bucks. Can fold into small plastics bag some more. Maybe at hardware shop can buy even bigger ones. With so many hands, two of you can hold each side , 2 chases the fish to the trap, 2 can wipe their sweats.LoL. But like what others said, just choose what you need lah. Bring some cable tie if you want to tie it to a stick, then can play badminton also.....
    Yah last, with 2 cabs, why dont rent 1 mini van/bus, no need to rent 2 drivers..Can party and sort your fish inside...

Cheers, and good hunting. (Just dont go and trap wild boar or tiger .......or tigresss or mas)
    ....or..... eeee ... or ......
    DT
    Cheers
    DT

GOD do not made you a GOOD man, it is what GOOD you did that made GOD looks GOOD.
    Hey, GOD and GOOD is just an "O" apart.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    hmmm... good suggestion... but rent in singapore or malaysia???

lol... trap tiger??? i rather trap mas selamat... hahaha.... the prize money so high! lol...

bro illumbomb... actually i quite lost as to what to bring other than those listed in the list and will be bringing along breathing bag for those breathing fishes!! haha...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    My friend rented a van in malaysia with driver. Singapore van need special permit???
    Not to forget the old portable pump. You can seal the tube on the cap of a suitable plastic container cap and poke a little hole on the cap for the air to escape.
    .....not to burst the bubbles, but you guys read the Strait Times about the $10000 dog. Same law for fish? With this money can open small fish shop?
    Cheers
    DT

GOD do not made you a GOOD man, it is what GOOD you did that made GOD looks GOOD.
    Hey, GOD and GOOD is just an "O" apart.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada
    Hey Guys,

Long time no c everyone. I was just wondering if there was any news on our planned trip? 1.5 weeks till the first week of may! In anycase I'm just starting to get alittle concerned if Mr. Nakamoto or David may not make it, should we make a contingency plan for an alternate trip anyways? If everything goes ok I plan to get my boots and bag sometime this week or early next week. Lets hear everyone's opinion on contingency plan(s).

Z.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLAR TANHK View Post
    My friend rented a van in malaysia with driver. Singapore van need special permit???
    Not to forget the old portable pump. You can seal the tube on the cap of a suitable plastic container cap and poke a little hole on the cap for the air to escape.
    .....not to burst the bubbles, but you guys read the Strait Times about the $10000 dog. Same law for fish? With this money can open small fish shop?
    Bro for my understanding you cannot drive a van or any of that kind that start with a P or G into malaysia hence i don't thik it will work.

But it cheaper to rent a malaysia van anyway, hope this help
    Good Judgement is gain from Experiences, while Experiences is gain from Bad Judgement Made!

Don't Give Up Keep Trying!!
    Nature Beauty

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLAR TANHK View Post
    Dont think you need nets, the fish will run when it touches the water. DT
    Bro different species of fish needs different techniques.
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Rashid View Post
    Bro different species of fish needs different techniques.
    I think to prepare for the trip, we need to find a pond accessible to us and ask some experienced fish catcher to give us lessons on how to catch different type of fishes. Of course, we need to ensure that we set up the pond to mimic the natural environment and prepare a few different types of fishes to release into this pond for training purpose. It will be a full dress rehearsal. We will share the cost of these fishes and all the cost associated with dressing up the pond. Agree guys?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    lol... sounds like we are going to have a war with the fishes.... lol... anyway... any update of the trip??? need to prepare alot of things...

btw bro zane... i've sent you an PM regarding your HP no. .... i've just sent my phone for repair and your HP no. is gone... can drop me an sms with your name... thanks!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumbomb View Post
    I think to prepare for the trip, we need to find a pond accessible to us and ask some experienced fish catcher to give us lessons on how to catch different type of fishes. Of course, we need to ensure that we set up the pond to mimic the natural environment and prepare a few different types of fishes to release into this pond for training purpose. It will be a full dress rehearsal. We will share the cost of these fishes and all the cost associated with dressing up the pond. Agree guys?

Just sharing my experiences but if you think it a good way to make a good joke out of it.. then have it your way.

Have a "nice, pleasant and successful trip".
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Aiyah Rashid,

It was meant to be a joke but not directed towards you . It is for keeping my adventure trip kakis on their toes as I can see them getting very restless already as nothing is firmed up yet. Don't take it to heart, we really appreciate advise from you guys who have gone through these trips!!! Thanks again!

Regards,
    T S Wang

(Additional clarifications: The post was meant to make use of the issue of needing different techniques to catch fish to pull the legs of fellow tarzens in this thread by presenting an absurd suggestion of gathering together for a training session since the trip has not materialise after more than 1 month. I expected responses from the tarzens such as: "Are you kidding?!?!?! / You must be joking!?!?!? / Thanks for making me laugh, I needed that to release stresses from work! / Are you serious?!?!? / etc. I did not realised that by using the function "Quote" to refer to this issue to kick start the joke, the "Quote" function actually implied that I am directing the reply to Rashid which therefore resulted in the whole misunderstanding. I therefore apologise to Rashid again for the insensitiveness.)
    Last edited by illumbomb; 23rd Apr 2008 at 22:54. Reason: I think further clarifications are required to minimise the misunderstanding.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Zane,

As what planted86 said, please pm or sms us your contact no for ease of contacting you! Don't worry, we will not give you nuisance call! I wanted to organise a last minute short trip last weekend but could reach you through pm so had to call it off!

Have you talked to your contacts and find out where is a more suitable place to go to? If we do not have a guide to bring us around, do you guys still want to be "garang" and go for a 2 days trip (i.e. to further place such as mersing and passing by kota tinggi) or do you all want to be conservative and reduce it to a one day trip (i.e. to nearer city such as pontain or kota tinggi)?

Also, I guess if we have no guide, we will have to follow the itinerary I suggested the last time, travel to the city we are going to via bus and then hire a local taxi there to visit the collection points.

Regards,
    T S Wang

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    i'm fine with anything... lets wait for bro david to confirm with the things 1st ba...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada
    Hey guys,

Yeah, I've recently heard from my 'source' (lol) and unfortunately, but understandably, for the sake of conservation they are not willing to reveal the knowledge we seek to just anyone. It's understandable because to be honest, I barely know them and viceversa. So no-go on info there. Sorry. Hopefully Mr. Nakamoto and David will be able to come with us. If not, I agree with Illumbomb, we should just proceed with our original plan. Ok guys later.

Oh yeah Illum and planted, I've PM'd you my cell number.

ZANE.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada
    Hey Guys,

Planted86 and Illum, uhm... I LOST YOUR PHONE NO.s please pm/ email them to me! Sorry guys... my place is such a mess right now :P.

Z.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Zane,

Check your email. I have emailed you all our contacts. Don't need to contact me already, just remember to check you email regularly for the whole of next week!

Regards,
    T S Wang

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    lol.... i sms you with my name in it 1 min ago......

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Brothers,

I saw at Polyart at Clementi Blk 328 the net Rashid showed, they are selling for $19 to $25 depending on the size. Those interested in fishes can consider gearing yourself up for the coming trip!

Regards,
    T S Wang

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    hi guys, i am from Johor Bahru,normally my cousin and me does such trips on our own, to austin hills ( now the nice eco system sadly became became a housing estate ), river sedili ( fresh water )near river tiram ( brackish water ) in oil plam plantation and some other we found nearby Johor bahru town. we found all sorts of fishes and other creatures, and some time drug addcit hide out ( recommand no silppers many needles can be out in mashes ) and at times we wonders too deep and almost get lost

what we found are wild tiger barbs, prawns, and some fishes that we cant ID even thru a good fresh water fish guide.

just my 2 cents

regards
    Mark
    Last edited by mzyao76; 30th Apr 2008 at 11:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sorry guys for the radio silence to this thread as i am very caught up with other things. I am afraid i can't make it. i will pm Bro Wang the numbers of Mr Nakamoto for linking up. Cheers!!
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast