Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: A 1 day Cryptocoryne collection trip in Malaysia?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    David,

Cannot make it for this round doesn't mean cannot make it for next round, I have a feeling there are more trips to come! Anyway, I bought a rather cheap ($29) and ugly pair of shoes today which I thought is pretty suitable for trekking (in terms of the grip provided by the sole) from Queensway Shopping Centre 2nd storey #02-45C. Hope it can last me for at least this trip!

Really ugly right? I have also bought a luminous orange long sleeve high neck leotard which I will wear with this shoes. With a black pair of leather gloves, I am all set to go and you will never get lost with me around!

Regards,
    T S Wang

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    wow... with that orange shirt... i think you mean we won't lose you this time round... hahaha.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    get this kinda bootie instead of shoe. its meant for diving and water sport. get those with thicker sol, available at Beach Road and all other diving shops. Shoes will get stuck in mud and hard to pull it out plus also since its not waterproof parasite might just sip thru and cause further complications.

It would be better if you can get wader suit, easy on and easy off plus u stay dry all the way, easy to pack and easy to clean.

where to buy... you gotta do some homework then...
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Hi guys, if you all don't mind, i might be of help, if the main people are busy? just give a call +6012-7070529 or my Singapore number +65-31150616, i might be planing to go to Kota tinngi to do some searching in a place call forest resort, got some photos of a stream ( looks clean and not polluted )

regards
    Mark

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    can i remind you that if the habitat is in a nature or forest reserve, you aren't supposed to be collecting there? There are lots of other spots in Johore where collecting/netting is permitted though.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by budak View Post
    can i remind you that if the habitat is in a nature or forest reserve, you aren't supposed to be collecting there? There are lots of other spots in Johore where collecting/netting is permitted though.
    hi bro, its not a reserve its just a jungle stream beside a resort next to some rubber tress plantation no worries i know the law as i kena warning before by forest officers in Malaysia Nature reserve Pahang

regards
    Mark

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Glad to hear that.

For booties, they cost between $20-30 at the Beach Road army market I recall, for black/blue china-made ones. No need get those fancy models.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hey, you guys seems to be getting more and more ready for the big action...
    Hope I will be able to join you all in some of the future trips... Cheers!

Warmest Regards from Merviso aka Merv Soh
    [ my vivarium: 2012, 2010, 2009 & 2007]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i'm a dreamer... a dreamer living in the lost city of moonlight.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Rashid View Post
    get this kinda bootie instead of shoe. its meant for diving and water sport. get those with thicker sol, available at Beach Road and all other diving shops. Shoes will get stuck in mud and hard to pull it out plus also since its not waterproof parasite might just sip thru and cause further complications.

It would be better if you can get wader suit, easy on and easy off plus u stay dry all the way, easy to pack and easy to clean.

where to buy... you gotta do some homework then...

sorry but i seriously feel that these gears are way too extravgant for this trip unless trips like this one is going to be common thingy. if not SAF no 4 slacks and PCK boots would do just nice.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    PCK boots? i rather wear army boots... lol.... you will have a hard time walking if alot of water gets into the boots... and PCk boots might get stuck in the mud...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wah Rashid, wader suit...... I saw Mr Tree wearing this in his latest trip with Kuching in Guangzhou in China. Anyone know if such suit can be bought in Singapore? I do agree that this would be really ideal if we could buy it but provided that it is relatively cheap and we plan for more of such sessions! .

Hi Mark, you stay in JB right? Do you think it would be better if we rent car from JB for 2 days and drive to Kota Tinggi + Mersing and back to JB or is it better for us to take a bus to each town and rent a cab for a day at each town? From what I research from the net, the cab will cost $20 per hour.Will renting a car for 2 days be a cheaper option? Any "lobang"? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi ppl,

I am Daniel here. read that you all have crypt collecting trips regularly. Can you add me in the group? my email is [email protected] and hp: 94575982. Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by illumbomb View Post
    Wah Rashid, wader suit...... I saw Mr Tree wearing this in his latest trip with Kuching in Guangzhou in China. Anyone know if such suit can be bought in Singapore? I do agree that this would be really ideal if we could buy it but provided that it is relatively cheap and we plan for more of such sessions! .

Hi Mark, you stay in JB right? Do you think it would be better if we rent car from JB for 2 days and drive to Kota Tinggi + Mersing and back to JB or is it better for us to take a bus to each town and rent a cab for a day at each town? From what I research from the net, the cab will cost $20 per hour.Will renting a car for 2 days be a cheaper option? Any "lobang"? Thanks.
    Hi bro, yes, i stay in JB renting a car is expensive here plus minus near rm100 ++ a day, i rather help you guys out by asking some of my friends see if they are able to lend me their MVP or SUV for a day or two.

second option is i ask my dad is i can borrow his factory Van, for the trip. But i need to know how many people is going for this trip and when ?

plus in Mersing i can bring you guys to my malay nanny's home i hope the stream near her kampong house is still around been ages since i visted her, use to catch some bettas there when i was very much younger.

for this trip maybe i can recommand a LFS in Kulai, which i have been several times, it a very very BIG shop, heard that they are the suppilers for the southern region.

regards
    Mark

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wah Mark,

I didn't know you were so on to even go out of the way to borrow a factory van to ferry a few wet smelly guys around! Thanks! This is exciting news for me, maybe you could let us know your plans (i.e. which month and which week is convenient for you) so that I could coordinate from Singapore side to know how many of us can make it! So you will dictate the location for the collections and we follow you unless I can get some guides from Singapore? Thanks again!

Regards,
    T S Wang

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    hi illumbomb, its not everyday, i get to meet people who are interested in same thing as i am plus i get to meet more people can exchange ideas and stuff

my plans? well all i need to know when and how many people so i will be able to arrange the van or mpv or suv to get us to where we want to. plus i also need to take leave from work i work 6 day week so have to plan.

plus for back up plan just in case our dates clash, i have already ask my friends' van which there is a small charges plus a driver to bring us around. just in case my dad's factory van is busy.

if this trip for 2 day 1 night , i think we need a plan where to sleep for the night? or you guys planing to camp out?

regards
    Mark

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Mark,

I will inform you once we plan something on our side. You too must inform us if you have something cooking in your pot and we'll see whether you can join us or we can join you ok?

As for 2 days 1 night, it really depends where we go to (i.e. whether it is suitable for camping) and whether we have camping kakis with us (with suitable camping equipments), if not, we can just rent a reasonably priced hotel / motel to bunk in for a night. Whats more important is the time spent exploring and collecting!

Regards,
    T S Wang

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    and when you guys are having fun, don't forget safety first, watch where you are stepping, check the depth of the water and also remember to put on those seat belts. You don't want to experience what I have gone through in a hospital for 3 weeks even with the seat belt fastened.

remember you are in a foreign country, respect the law and be nice to people. (We had troublemakers following our car on a few outings)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wish us luck for the next 2 days!

Mark, last minute plan just confirmed tonight so can't reach you on time. Call me at 97400844 if you see this posting on time!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Canada
    Hey everyone....just dropping by to report: MISSION A SUCCESS!

ok...ok granted... we did not see 1 tiny cryptocrone but lots of fun, lots of pics and oh yeah some fish too . Look out for Illumbomb to post pics of our adventure into the wilds of... southern Malaysia.

On a more sobering note, it is abit worrying, atleast to me that we were not able to find any crypts in the place(s) we went to. Then again, I don't know all that much about the plants.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    1 of my fish that was caught on the 2nd day died....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast