Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: A 1 day Cryptocoryne collection trip in Malaysia?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The link doesn't seem to be working. You may want to verify it again?
    Cho Lang Kiang Dio Ho...Mai Gey Kiang!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Last edited by illumbomb; 26th May 2008 at 14:29. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Well done and keep up the spirit guys. As long you are home safe and sound is good.

So planning for another trip already? I guess better plan later as the weather is damn hot, not a good time for catching.
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the report. Well written and interesting. Fish 7 resembles an Anabas sp. (Climbing perch). Fish 11 resembles a young Puntius lateristriga (T barb).
    Cho Lang Kiang Dio Ho...Mai Gey Kiang!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Really a interesting trip, really enjoy reading the field report.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Glad you guys enjoyed the report. Anyway the cost per betta needs to be amended as we only caught a total of about 10 - 12 bettas, so cost per betta for each person = 55/4 = S$13.75. How much does such less colourful wild betta cost currently in LFS? Probably cheaper right so the extra we paid are for the experience of catching and observing them in their natural habitats!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by illumbomb View Post
    Glad you guys enjoyed the report. Anyway the cost per betta needs to be amended as we only caught a total of about 10 - 12 bettas, so cost per betta for each person = 55/4 = S$13.75. How much does such less colourful wild betta cost currently in LFS? Probably cheaper right so the extra we paid are for the experience of catching and observing them in their natural habitats!
    WOW! brother! i miss the chance to go with you all! saw your FR man! soild! sorry i wasnt able to go on the short notice, as my grandma fell and was admitted in NUH SG , was i was kinda busy the last week or 2.

i am back now and guess what brother! i bought a 7 seater Honda Mobilio! so the next trip gimme a call! maybe i can cut down on the travelling cost

Been raining these few days should be a good time to go around soon last sunday i went to a near spot near Permas not bad place but didnt have a gear seen several fishes swiming in the small streams.

regards
    Mark

PS. bro gimme advance timing i sure like to go out with you guys!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Well done and presented in a lively manner. I guess in future trips you will be able to catch more fishes. Did you guys bring along a portable air pump with you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi rbt, no water air pump was brought as we mainly targeted labyrinth fish only.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Went to Kota Tinggi again today with Zane, and we ended up cryptocoryne-less again, sigh....... The taxi driver kept telling us he knew which plants we were looking for (even after I showed him many photographs of cryptocorynes from my hand phone) and brought me to various streams to find the "plant with flower sticking out of water" but could not locate them.

In the end he told us that the Pasar actually might sells them (he said that the flowers are used for cooking and Indian prayers). We followed him to the market to clear all doubts and found out that he was referring to some other flowers instead (with a white firm stem and pinkish flower at the top) .... Hai... a wild goose chase after all.

Anyway, below are some photographs of our catch which included rasbora, barb, gourami, goby, betta, half-beak, freshwater shrimp, "killifish" look-alike, channa, etc:

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    What a fun report to read!
    Cheers!
    Fauna: 14 Rummy Nose, 6 Black Tetra, 3 Otos, 1 Bronze Corys, 1 Cigar Fish, 3 Neon Tetra, 5 Black Widow Tetra, 1 mini puffer

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Price to pay for such field trips: temporary disfigurement to my beautiful hairy fair legs (even after using insect repellant!)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumbomb View Post
    Went to Kota Tinggi again today with Zane, and we ended up cryptocoryne-less again, sigh....... The taxi driver kept telling us he knew which plants we were looking for (even after I showed him many photographs of cryptocorynes from my hand phone) and brought me to various streams to find the "plant with flower sticking out of water" but could not locate them.
    the trick is... dun ask taxi driver.... but ask the kampong boys especially when u spot them near streams or 'longkang' they will for sure give you good 'tips'.
    If I have a dollar & you have a dollar & we swap, neither is better off. BUT if I have an idea & you have an idea & we swap we are both richer

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678