Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Platinum Cardinal Tetras

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi HWChoy, thanks for the additional information. I've recently added 8 P. Simulans and they sure add a nice dash of color to the tank. They're still rather timid and stick together in a school in the middle of the tank unlike the other tetras that are active all over the place. Come feeding time, they usually get whatever is left over as unlike the ember and gold tetras they do not feed at the surface.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Great pic! Thanks for sharing.

As for neon tetras, I have 48 pieces of them. After reading ard, I realised that they thrive in soft water conditons. My 48 heros survived after I slowly change to softer. Initially had 68 of them.

Feedback Score

Platinum Cardinal Tetras was founded few year ago n in japan is selling very expensive. It is born natural with a layer of platinum. I believe is a cross breed of golden tetra with cardinal, not sickness. the first piece i found was 6 year back. I kept a fews after that and live very well with all other cardinal. Sometime u can find them in fishshop mix with cardinals tetra if lucky.
    Note the color of blue or green body on cardinal, neon and green tetra is because of how many plants in your tank. the more plants u have the more blue u see. With less plants or no plant, the color of the body is green.
    If u found reddish on the body green n blue scales like the first few picture on some fishes is external disease on the fish. If u see fishes turn dark color normally c liao. haha. Rem if u buy fishes or see this in your tank. Happy reading. Is a long time i not in here.
    Treat your fishes like your baby. The sign and symptom is the same but cannot talk.
    Go nature

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

wow.. so nice Platinum Cardinal.

Anyone know where can I get thi Platinum Cardinal ?
    how much does it cost ?

I have asked C328 uncle and PolyArt, and they both said, they have not heard about this Platinum Cardinal.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by lyan View Post
    Platinum Cardinal Tetras was founded few year ago n in japan is selling very expensive. It is born natural with a layer of platinum. I believe is a cross breed of golden tetra with cardinal, not sickness. the first piece i found was 6 year back. I kept a fews after that and live very well with all other cardinal. Sometime u can find them in fishshop mix with cardinals tetra if lucky.
    Note the color of blue or green body on cardinal, neon and green tetra is because of how many plants in your tank. the more plants u have the more blue u see. With less plants or no plant, the color of the body is green.
    If u found reddish on the body green n blue scales like the first few picture on some fishes is external disease on the fish. If u see fishes turn dark color normally c liao. haha. Rem if u buy fishes or see this in your tank. Happy reading. Is a long time i not in here.
    its not a layer of platinum if you are referring to the metal. it is quite certainly guanine as scientists have analysed the compound. what is not a hundred percent sure is the cause of this guanine deposit.

you realise the so called golden tetra is also a guanine covered version of another tetra? and the chances of two species of characins that are not closely related crossing with survivable F1 is pretty much zilch.

BTW take note of your writing, no SMS lingo please.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

hwchoy is 100% correct.
    The Cardinals with a guanine layer in the dermis are not a result of a hybrid between Paracheirodon axelrodi anf hemigrammus armstrongi.
    The color does not normally go away but tank raised secimens of H. armstrongi lack the causative agent and are rather plain colored Tetras.
    Old fish breeder. SA Dwarf Cichlids, Hypancistrus sp L260, L333 and Peckoltia L134 breeder. Also Sturisoma, Dwarf Corydoras spp, wild Discus and Killiefish. Like breeding Characins and wild Betta spp too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12