Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: How to secure those "carpet HC"?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

How to secure those "carpet HC"?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

How do we station those commercially sold "carpet HC" which rooted onto something like a filter media? It seems like floating up... How can we secure it in place?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    just cut it into smaller pieces and dig them into the soil..let a bit appear over the soil and in no time it will grow back..

you need root fert, high light and also co2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Another way is to grow them emmersed form.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ok. usually how small to cut to cover how big a surface?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    maybe you can try planting in the density of 2-3 plantlets per square inch and wait for them to spread over. however be prepared to wait for 1-2 months.
    "Tandas Berkualiti, Hidup Berkualiti"

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    You can use stone or those lead that tie those plants, place on top of the HC carpet, it will sink the HC and it will take a while to root itself, Colourful do that to their HC carpet.

Feedback Score
    Country
    England
    I bought them in a pot with that cotton stuff around. Can the be placed in the tank within those and spready ok? I took them out the pots first time and i couldnt get them to stay in the substrate.

No sooner had i planted them they were free floating at the top of the tank. I binned them after that, they drove me nuts.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    I bought them in a pot with that cotton stuff around. Can the be placed in the tank within those and spready ok? I took them out the pots first time and i couldnt get them to stay in the substrate.

No sooner had i planted them they were free floating at the top of the tank. I binned them after that, they drove me nuts.
    That's what happen to me even on the 'carpet type'... the leaves tend to fall out and floats... also some parts started to melt and other appears not so green after awhile.. maybe I have not enough light or CO2 for them.. now I discontinue the HC already...

Feedback Score
    Country
    England
    Yup, i know what you mean. After a couple of weeks mine went from a flourishing bunch of HC to a deprived bestraggled little mess of a plant which i just binned out of pity xD

Sad thing is i use co2 injection and added nutrients from fertilizer and my light levels are classed as "very bright" being on for 10 hours a day. I just didnt understand what was going wrong. pH was roughly 7 too. I may try again soon after i've had my spring clean of my tank.