Thread: over crowded or aok?

Feedback Score

over crowded or aok?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,
    one of my tanks - a 3 ft tank with aprox 90Ltrs internal fluval3 filter and good aeration. pleanty of hiding places and good number of plants live and artifical.
    In this tank I have : 3 cory cats, 2 keyholes, 2 angels, 1 krib and two rams - ah yes i'm trying these silly beggers again . This is all i intend to keep here - am i overstocked or is this ok. I do regular water changes so the water quality is consistant and good.
    Lis

Feedback Score

over crowded or aok?

Hi guys,
    one of my tanks - a 3 ft tank with aprox 90Ltrs internal fluval3 filter and good aeration. pleanty of hiding places and good number of plants live and artifical.
    In this tank I have : 3 cory cats, 2 keyholes, 2 angels, 1 krib and two rams - ah yes i'm trying these silly beggers again . This is all i intend to keep here - am i overstocked or is this ok. I do regular water changes so the water quality is consistant and good.
    Lis

Feedback Score

over crowded or aok?

Hi guys,
    Lis

Feedback Score

over crowded or aok?

Hi guys,
    Lis

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Seems okay to me maybe except for the 2 angel fish...might need more space for them.
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    hm..3 pairs of peacefull cichlids...
    I think that they will be ok with regular (weekly, 25%) water changes, as long as a pair dosnt decide to spawn...
    If for example the angels decide to spawn, they will turn very aggressive..as will the other cichlids...
    James
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    mine is a normal 2ft x 1ft tank:
    i have 3SAEs, 3Otos, 3 yamatos, 4 Malayans,
    intending to get 20 bee or tiger shrimps and 10 cherry shrimps

is that too much?? wondering if i later add in a puffer, will it attack my shrimps as well??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    it won't attack them.....just turn them into prawn bisque.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 11/3/2002 10:14:57 PM

mine is a normal 2ft x 1ft tank:
    i have 3SAEs, 3Otos, 3 yamatos, 4 Malayans,
    intending to get 20 bee or tiger shrimps and 10 cherry shrimps

is that too much?? wondering if i later add in a puffer, will it attack my shrimps as well??

----------------
    A puffer is a NO NO NO!!! with shrimps... Also the yamatoes may attack other shrimps....

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, the Angels to the best of my knowledge are both female, they have laid the eggs with no success They have had their moments but usually only with each other. I expect the rams will not survive anyway going by my experience with them and the Krib is hiding away so I don't see her much.
    The keys are the most active guys in the tank and I'm surprised I see little chat of them, they are a grand pair curious and peaceful.
    I'll let you know how the Rams do.
    Lis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Why dun u try bolivian rams?? Although they are not as colourful as Blue Rams but they are quite hardy compared to the Blue Rams.
    Henry aka joopsg
    Current tank: 1 4 tier 3ft fish rack
    Livestock: WC Ivanacara Adoketa, WC Apistogramma Kelleri 'Red Cheeks', A , WC Apistogramma Mendezi, WC Apistogramma Cruziero, WC Apistogramma Elizabethae and WC Biotoecus Operularis.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Rams as long as they get over the initial phase should be quite hardy. Never seemed to have problem with them.

BC

Feedback Score
    If the Bolivian are available in Ireland i might try them out, I've lost one of the blues already again, and I'm certain the other is going to join him soon. and al the others are perfect.
    Maybe the angels are stalking them and beating them up when lights out
    lis

Feedback Score
    BC you might tell me your secret, I've come across very few people who have luck with Rams, its so disheartening to lose them.
    Just to keep you all updated, the Krib that was in the tank has been removed (a few days now) she was giving my angels a rough time, even the Keys were trying to avoid her. Is it possible that male Kribs are calmer? I intentionally got only one of the pair to avoid (breeding aggression)trouble and then had to take her out and put her in with a firemouth who also was removed from the same tank a month ago for the same reasons [] at the moment they are both in a tank on their own and other then the odd chase no fins are nipped or damaged,.
    Lis