Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Feeding Tetras

Feedback Score

Feeding Tetras

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just read a thread about feeding Apistos... was also wondering, is dry tetra granules sufficient for Tetras? Or is it necessary to feed frozen bloodworms?

How are frozen bloodworms compared to freeze dried bloodworms, live blood worms and live tubifex worms? What's the difference?
    -----------------------------
    Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score

Feeding Tetras

Just read a thread about feeding Apistos... was also wondering, is dry tetra granules sufficient for Tetras? Or is it necessary to feed frozen bloodworms?

How are frozen bloodworms compared to freeze dried bloodworms, live blood worms and live tubifex worms? What's the difference?
    Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score

Feeding Tetras

Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score

Feeding Tetras

Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Live food is often the best among all the frozen,dried,pellets form. It's best if we can feed live food regularly. On another hand regarding live food is feeding harmful bacteria to your fishes as well. Unless we know of a reputable seller who sells clean live food.

Dry pellets are more for ease, Frozen BW are much better in terms of nutrients compared to pellets(correct me if i'm wrong) some pellets contain colouring to enchance the colour of your fishes.

I'll feed BW unless i'm really lazy to do so. Pellet will always be my last choice of food for the fishes.

live food unless cultured ourselve, getting them from LFS is a no no for me as i don't want my fishes to suffer in the end due to contaminated live food.
    Cheers!

Benetay

I feed flakes with occasional BW. to me, BW is like a treat while flakes is a staple food for my fishes! looking at the contents of most flake or pellet food, its about the same raw materials, and I think the so many cha-par-lang that goes into it gives a broad balanced diet, with BW spicing it up with extra nutrition. as for colour enhancing, I think its marketing tactics, cuz raw materials in most cases are exactly the same save for a bit off difference, but a large increase in price. I think to get good colours, just have healthy well fed fish, no need any "enhancers"!

the BW I use is the frozen kind. the whole idea of frozen is to give you the convenience of feeding nutritious "live" food minus the hassle of keeping the food alive plus storing, etc. with frozen you can just dump it in the freezer to feed easily. with live food you have to worry about how long you can keep them alive, any bacteria they carry etc (Some brands claim to have hygenic worms). with freeze dried, I don't know if they are as nutritious as frozen, but what I do know is that you must store them well else funny little white insects will infest them! (I kena b4) as for tubifex, if I"m not wrong, live worms may contain bacteria easily as the worms are essentially grown in dirty water (their natural habitat), so depends on whether LFS is willing to do the wash cycle, where they must use lots of clean water to rinse thru the worms.

hope this helps![]

Feedback Score
    Hmmm... ok. Looking at my pellet food ingredients...

High quality fishmeal, yeast, wheat germ meal, soya meal, corn meal, wheat flour, varieties of vitamins and minerals, Krill meal, natural spirulina, carotene etc...

I think Carotene enhances the red colour... but other than that, mostly flour and soy products. Nutritious?

Anyone knows what nutrition BW provide? Marine LFS uncle says BW not nutritious for Marine Fish... so I feed Frozen Mysis Shrimps from time to time.

I fed them live BWs once (cos TB Ben gave me some to try), but they really stink! I had to put the leftovers in the bathroom !!

I think I'll get Frozen BWs and give them a treat of that once a week, while using granule food as staple. They love the granule food anyway. Maybe cos they're hungry.[] I reduced the feeding to once a day due to algae problem. I feel so sorry for my fish cos I really love to eat [] []
    Clarence Hoe