Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I never cease to be amazed

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    You know its been some 2 years since I first embarked on my planted tank, and I never cease to be amazed by the plants.

Just last weekend I bought 2 new plants from Teo, a red flame and some e.tenellus... both of which I have never dealt with.

Needless to say I was somewhat skeptical when teo told me to cut of all the emersed leaves of my e.tenullus... but heck he's the pro so I said go ahead... and voila! Today just 4 days later, several of the stalks of e.tenullus I planted are shooting out their submersed leaves! Never thought a plant with all stem and little roots could do that... amazing!!

As for the red flame, well when I got it it sure didn't look red or flaming... but heck today as well I noticed a new brilliant red leaf emerging Really gorgeous! Can't wait for more to appear so I can prune off the old green ones...

Anyway, I must say I love this hobby! The more I get into it the more amazing it gets! Will post some pics once the ET gets fully underway...
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

You know its been some 2 years since I first embarked on my planted tank, and I never cease to be amazed by the plants.

Just last weekend I bought 2 new plants from Teo, a red flame and some e.tenellus... both of which I have never dealt with.

Needless to say I was somewhat skeptical when teo told me to cut of all the emersed leaves of my e.tenullus... but heck he's the pro so I said go ahead... and voila! Today just 4 days later, several of the stalks of e.tenullus I planted are shooting out their submersed leaves! Never thought a plant with all stem and little roots could do that... amazing!!

As for the red flame, well when I got it it sure didn't look red or flaming... but heck today as well I noticed a new brilliant red leaf emerging Really gorgeous! Can't wait for more to appear so I can prune off the old green ones...

Anyway, I must say I love this hobby! The more I get into it the more amazing it gets! Will post some pics once the ET gets fully underway...
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Allen

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Allen

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    my preferred way is to plant them first, wait for a few days b4 cutting off the emersed leave.. when I first got plants for my 6ft, 3 yrs ago... ahpek told me the same thing.. but the outcome wasnt too good, I had 3/4 of my E.tenellus and E.spec rotting away in 6ft and had a joy of a time siphoning them out

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Which is exactly what I expected to happen... after all a plant with no leaves and only roots? didn't sound too likely to me... but then again, the ET seems to be going fine... I would say that 50% have sprouted their first leaf already. Will be keeping watch and hoping for the best.
    Allen