Images
    Country
    Singapore

Question Comments for fissiden on charcoal

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Please give feedbacks on whether planting on charcoal have any side effects to the Eco system of a tank.I have successfully grow health fissiden on charcoal but just worried of any side effects when charcoal stays in tank for a long time.Thanks for sharing your experience.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I dont think there is any effect it becomes like a normal rock but it has the ability of contain beneficial bacterial because of its surface area.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    There is some talk that activated charcoal will leak back some of of the harmful metals, that has bound to it after being saturated. It is still conjecture and not much evidence it happens.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I agree with Shai, just no evidence if it will affect your water balance overnight as its not a general pratice that aquarist experiment with this form of growth method.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for the feedbacks.Shai your point will be taken in seriously. I would hope the beneficial bacterial collected to be used my the plants.I'm using bamboo charcoal and not the normal active carbon used for filtering. I did some research and found that Japanese/Korean use to put this into drinking water.They claims it will purify chemicals and partials.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    charcoal is a form of carbon will to "some" extend does purify chemicals, which is why ADA charcoal is used by some of us as filter media. But growing plants on them, that i am not too sure if its beneficial overall to the plants or not