Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Front part of fish darkens strangely, and only one side

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just noticed one of my red fin kadango females, which colouration is usually orange, have the front half of her body at the right side darkens.

The head & the shoulder area darks and stops at the center of the body, forming a straight line contrast of brown and orange, and it is only on the left side. She almost look like the front portion of a Tropheus Duboisi.

What happened to the fish. Behavior is normal and eager to eat, doesnt seems stress too. The only thing is that I noticed it after a filter maintainence and a 50% water change. (50% water change freqeuntly is usual for this tank) Of course she might had been like that for a day or two before the filter maintainence and water change, perhaps I did not notice earlier? Please help, I am rather worried.

Additives are added as usual, marine and epsom salt, baking soda.
    Live and let live, stop using life feeds.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Just noticed one of my red fin kadango females, which colouration is usually orange, have the front half of her body at the right side darkens.

The head & the shoulder area darks and stops at the center of the body, forming a straight line contrast of brown and orange, and it is only on the left side. She almost look like the front portion of a Tropheus Duboisi.

What happened to the fish. Behavior is normal and eager to eat, doesnt seems stress too. The only thing is that I noticed it after a filter maintainence and a 50% water change. (50% water change freqeuntly is usual for this tank) Of course she might had been like that for a day or two before the filter maintainence and water change, perhaps I did not notice earlier? Please help, I am rather worried.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i have no experience with the fish you mentioned
    i would say though, keep a close watch on the fish, and change your water frequently and see if it clears up
    i think adding anything to the water without having any idea of the actual condition of the fish is more harmful than not doing anything