Images
    Country
    Singapore

Didiplis diandra melted for no reason

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey there guys.. something weird (to me, at least ) happened in my tank... i had redone one of my small 35cm tanks, planting some cryptocoryne pontederiifolia and a single specimen of pogostemon helferi (downoi). There previously were a few stalks of didiplis diandra in the tank too, growing close to where i planted the downoi. They were bright, healthy green.

After planting the downoi, it melted and then, weirdly, a couple of days later, the didplis diandra all started melting as well. they just turned brown and started rotting.

Anyone knows what's going on? Is it some disease i need to control or something?

The tank presently houses a number of 1.5cm large Pelvicachromis pulcher fry. There is no co2 injection, and the crypts all seem to be doing ok.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You have somehow changed the parameter. Give the plants sometime to readapt to the new environment.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    This is especially so for a nano tank. Just a minor rescaping, additional of new plants or addition of small amount of chemicals can result in major changes in water parameter affecting the fauna and flora therein.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Aight... thanks guys... hopefully the two remaining stalks of didiplis diandra manage to survive then...