Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feeding White's Tree Frogs

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    what else can I used to feed them besides crickets and roaches ? those are banned from my home

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Meal worms...and some frogs do take pellets too..just have to train them
    Last edited by Justikanz; 21st Apr 2008 at 16:30. Reason: 'em'

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You can try training them by first changing the way you feed the live food... Frogs generally do not take non-living, non-moving food, but you can try to have them associate the dropping of stuff in the tank to the arrival of food. Sooner or later, they should be able to understand that anything that had just just dropped into the tank is food. But do it only when they are waiting for the drop...

Alternatively, you can try mealworms when they are molting so they are more easily digestible. Feed the mealworms with good healthy frog-essential vitamin meals to pack them with nutrition, wait for them worms to molt and then feed them to the frogs.

Oh, by the way, its White's Tree Fog, not white tree frog...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    when u say molting, are u refering to the "larvae" stage where the worm are about to become a beetle ?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I meant when their skin is softer... As the worms grow bigger, they shed skin too and when they do that, their body becomes softer, paler and sometimes white...

You can also feed them when they first get into their pupae stage as their pupae cases will still be soft...

The frogs usually avoid eating the adult beetles... I think that is because they stink...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...