1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i though its better to mist from top to downwards ?
    maybe you can introduce a timer, 15min on, 45min off ?
    Last edited by Justikanz; 21st Apr 2008 at 16:00. Reason: 'u'
    Chee Yong

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Cannot mist from top as it requires a pool of water to work... unless I have a reservoir on top. But then it will get too close to the light and hood. On/off too often... not sure how long this China made gadget can lasts. But I guess, on/off once a day is acceptable.
    Last edited by Justikanz; 21st Apr 2008 at 16:03. Reason: Removing immediate quotation

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i remember i saw something like a water spray thing which on/off at interval.
    i believe its not like a mist maker.....
    not too sure what is it call though.
    Last edited by Justikanz; 21st Apr 2008 at 16:03. Reason: 'thou'
    Chee Yong

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think you are referring to a spray box place above the plant, something like an air freshener dispenser. Saw it in a US site, but kinda bulky for a nano.
    Last edited by Justikanz; 21st Apr 2008 at 16:03. Reason: Removing immediate quotation

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    oh ya. i saw it once at dennerle's show tank, which is quite big.
    Chee Yong

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Jervis... dont think that fern can grow out of water... i think if you want to grow it...at least have the roots submerged in somewater but not in embedded in soil. Prehaps place the plant in-bewteen rocks or holes where the roots can have a constant source of water. Mine that were planted this was obvisouly drier than the half submerged ones but they are still healthy enough.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice! In my opinion, more of a paludarium...But then again, it is just a different term used...

I will also suggest adding some small fish to prevent mosquitoes from breeding... Also, the feeding of the fish will enrich/fertilize the water for the plants...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
    Welcome to my disco tank

This Mist Maker will also shoot a small jet of water upwards... perfectly landing on my DW... now the DW is ready for some Moss

What you guys think?

Should I mist the tank 24/7?
    man! disco paludarium..first I heard of this. rather tacky, agreed with Justin, dis-able the lights. Have some wild bettas.
    ...I love rubies too ...
    Ken

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Fei Miao View Post
    man! disco paludarium..first I heard of this. rather tacky, agreed with Justin, dis-able the lights. Have some wild bettas.
    Can't be disabled... yeah I can almost see Madonna dancing in there... opps I've revealed my age

Actually this Hailea nano tank comes with a internal pump with a tiny rainbar. Decided to give it a try but I removed the end cap for the rainbar to weaken the "shooting power" of the rainbar. The effect is not too bad and it adds much needed water circulation.

Just got to find some suitable plants to cover the rainbar from view.

I might consider removing the mistmaker.
    Last edited by Justikanz; 22nd Apr 2008 at 23:36.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think removing the mist maker will be good bro....looks alittle artificial.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I tried switching off the mistmaker and rely solely on the pump (with rainbar). Can't keep the plant moist Furthermore, I come to realize I've chosen a wrong tank with wrong height. It's too short, lots of water splash that stained the light cover, reducing the brightness significantly.
    Last edited by Justikanz; 22nd Apr 2008 at 23:37. Reason: removing immediate quotation

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    An update... tank is getting more stable now. The mismaker (heat generator) will only switch on 3 times a day (3 hours per session). This helps keep water temperature below 30ºC.

Added a JUWEL texture backdrop today. Just slide it at the back (outside tank). I kinda like the effect actually

What do you guys think?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Good taste! I also feel Juwel has the best look and quality among the few available brands for background board... and they are the most expensive ones too..

Warmest Regards from Merviso aka Merv Soh
    [ my vivarium: 2012, 2010, 2009 & 2007]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i'm a dreamer... a dreamer living in the lost city of moonlight.....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Merviso View Post
    Good taste! I also feel Juwel has the best look and quality among the few available brands for background board... and they are the most expensive ones too..
    I didn't know they are the most expensive... I got this as a freebie when I bought their LIDO 2ft tank last time. Apparently the background outlasted the tank (I sold that tank more than 1 year ago).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Well, the only place that I saw selling Juwel Board is at Sam Yick, Marine Parade. One Juwel board is easily worth more than 5 ocean free board of similar size.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Merviso View Post
    Well, the only place that I saw selling Juwel Board is at Sam Yick, Marine Parade. One Juwel board is easily worth more than 5 ocean free board of similar size.
    I hope the Juwel backdrop is made in Germany in order to justify the high price

Anyway another bad morning! Temperature rose to 35ºC I am beginning to suspect the tank has serious air circulation problem. Will try to strike a balance between providing sufficient air flow and yet able to maintain the tank in a moist condition. Will continue to experiment

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice to see a new tank of yours jervis think you are much more seriously addicted to this hobby than me and many of the rest here now Must be a big boss to have a office with all the tanks in your company as well. Best of luck and hope to see more of it coming, cheers!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
    Anyway another bad morning! Temperature rose to 35ºC I am beginning to suspect the tank has serious air circulation problem. Will try to strike a balance between providing sufficient air flow and yet able to maintain the tank in a moist condition. Will continue to experiment
    IMHO... if your tank is well covered, just by spray water in the morning before you leave for work and then in the evening when you are back from work is good enough to keep your tank humid and the plant moist enough.. higher temperature from the mister will do more damage to your tank...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by o2bubble View Post
    Nice to see a new tank of yours jervis think you are much more seriously addicted to this hobby than me and many of the rest here now Must be a big boss to have a office with all the tanks in your company as well. Best of luck and hope to see more of it coming, cheers!
    My company deduct the electricity consumption from my monthly salary... now do you seriously believe I'm a Big Boss?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually now I also believe that you are the big BOSS...

Higher electricity consumption increased company running costs, and reduced overall profits, which can be interpreted as reducing monthly salary of the big BOSS...

Anyway, are you going to tear down this tank since you got yourself another taller one. This tank I feel is good to do up as a terrarium. If only you can keep some giant beetles or gecko or even tarantula...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast