Country
    Singapore

Sera pH minus

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Guys

Anyone using this. Sera PH minus is for reducing PH or for removing buffers in the water that prevents PH swing? Quite confused here.
    WaterH2O
    <Fish are Friends, not food>

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    h2o,
    you already have magic soil with gex, you do not need to add anymore additives to your water. It is natural for your PH to drop from start of wc at 7.2->5.8 at the end of the week, depending too on your co2 concentration levels, just make sure your water change is around 20-30&#37; and it should not shock your fishes. I used to do a 50% wc but now realise that a 30% is less stressful for my boraras B. e.g fish frantically swimming up and down the glass, darting left and right etc.

the sera PH minus is to lower PH, not prevents PH swings....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The latest measurement I got for my PH is around 6.8. Because it is a low tech nano tank so I am not doing WC just water top up. The reason I want the PH to go a little lower is to keep a pair of apisto. Btw anyone know how good is magicsoil?
    WaterH2O

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Richard highly recommended them when i wanted to start my shrimps projects last year. I am familiar with apisto but am not sure what is their desired PH levels. Are they as low as shrimps at 5.8 ?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    According the the data in here, around 5.5 to 6.5 depending on what species but if apisto is farm bred up to 7.0 also can. The only problem does it helps to induce breeding? That why I want to aim at 6.0-6.5. But my PH always around 6.8-7.0.
    WaterH2O

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh i see. I believe your tank is low tech, so no co2 to drive PH down slowly, it would be viable to just cycle your tank and measure PH periodically.

Using soil to buffer PH usually tanks some time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    if your tank is relatively new. the soil will take some time to drive the ph down. also try not to do too much percent of water change.
    ADA Aquasoil also takes a few day to lower ph. Ph should be decrease gradually not drastically.
    Henry aka joopsg
    Current tank: 1 4 tier 3ft fish rack
    Livestock: WC Ivanacara Adoketa, WC Apistogramma Kelleri 'Red Cheeks', A , WC Apistogramma Mendezi, WC Apistogramma Cruziero, WC Apistogramma Elizabethae and WC Biotoecus Operularis.