4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Guess where in Singapore?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Haha, they are my favourite fishes, how about you? I keep 4 archer fishes and 4 ITs, 2 Mono and 1 Pangsius.
    I keep sulawesi shrimps, tetras, birds, exotic pets, herptiles and monster fishes.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Just click on my signature = )

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by barmby View Post
    Just click on my signature = )
    wow this will be my references for what i will setup for a small scale 2ft tank
    Too much of a fish SIAO to quit fish keeping/fishing..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by leefhker View Post
    heh i went there with nets when i was little.. caught and caused many deaths of the wild guppies there.. and if i am not wrong i spotted a fish somewhat that look like a stone grouper (about 5cm long), i don't really know what species they are though.. and also crabs when the rocks are lifted.. and of course ghost shrimps,the glass fish that you guys are talking about , i have netted it once before too..
    not easy to keep such wild caught fishes alive. for one, i used to go malaysia to explore the small rivers and used to bring back small fishes, bettas but they keep on dying. seems quite weak to me but when i use indian almond concentrated solutions they seem to have a better chance of surviving but i wouldn't suggest catching from our natural "ponds" as they already have very little livestock. not to mention the amount of parasites that you could introduce into your tank. crayfish,yabbies especially, they might contain lots of planaria in them(have experienced this and had to re-cycle tank after i atomic bombed it)
    Too much of a fish SIAO to quit fish keeping/fishing..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Yany View Post
    True, true. All livestock returned to their home after convincing kids that, that is the right thing to do
    Yany, I have a suggestion for your next trip to the park. If you net an animal, put it in the plastic tank and teach your kids how to identify them. Let them attempt to draw the animal or photograph it by themselves with your supervision before releasing. That way, you can still make it both educational and fun.

You can also ask them to make notes on the habitat etc, which can be very useful for that Young Scientist badge thing that primary school kids have. I remember it took me awhile to get my Zoologist badge when I was a kid.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by stormhawk View Post
    Yany, I have a suggestion for your next trip to the park. If you net an animal, put it in the plastic tank and teach your kids how to identify them. Let them attempt to draw the animal or photograph it by themselves with your supervision before releasing. That way, you can still make it both educational and fun.

You can also ask them to make notes on the habitat etc, which can be very useful for that Young Scientist badge thing that primary school kids have. I remember it took me awhile to get my Zoologist badge when I was a kid.
    True, i had a Zoologist Badge too when i was a kid. I loved it. If you want, you can always head to the Singapore Science Center. There is also more other branches of science, not only zoology. (:
    I keep sulawesi shrimps, tetras, birds, exotic pets, herptiles and monster fishes.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

The pond at the Science Center was my favorite spot to learn about aquatic insects and fish when I was in primary school many years ago.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I still have those certs from primary school hah! Nice memories.

Do they still have that in school?
    Learning the hardway, not the highway.
    Photo Blog - impervious-endeavors.blogspot.com

Semi-Active currently
    "if he cant be bothered to take the time to write his question properly, why should I take the time to answer him."

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

According to the Science Centre site, yes, but I think it's optional from school to school.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123