Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: What's the best setup to submersed Cryptos?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Brazil

What's the best setup to submersed Cryptos?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Cryptofriends, That's my question.

I will start a new tank (390L) aquascape using cryptocorines, anubias and microsoruns.

What about Light? Substrate? PH?

Thank you very much!

André

Feedback Score
    Country
    England
    I have a 180L aquarium using crypts, rock and wood. Very simple, i find it hard to scape them well seeing as my crypts clump together and form large masses dotted around instead of growing in a typical "bushy" way, forming plant cover is quite hard i have found.

My lights i'm currently unable to specify what they're running at, but i'd class them under "bright lights". My pH is at a pretty much constant 7.0 and i have grown my crypts in both soil, sand and small stones. They tend to grow really easily and don't usually take much encouragement to grow well and form strong roots.

Mine usually take about 2 weeks to establish themselves fully but fresh growth often occurs a day or two after planting.

Hope this helps. Anubias and microsoruns i have little experience with. Sorry.
    Verminator

Aquatic fanatic and keen learner of aquascaping

The canvas is what you make it...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Most crypts like fast water flow. So it is beneficial if you have lots of current going through the crypt clusters.

To have them growing in big clusters, close together, try to plant the entire pot (unpot it of course) as a cluster, not separating them.

pH of 6.6 - 6.8 should be good for the plant choices.

If you have the pendant type of lights, i suggest switching on MH for 2-3hours/mid day and the rest with the FL or T5 that comes with it. This ensures the shade plants grow well, short and compact, not leggy with a full-low-light-set-up.
    人的一生﹐ 全靠奮斗﹐ 唯有奮斗﹐ 才能成功

Feedback Score
    Country
    Brazil
    Thank you.

Anyone?