Country
    Singapore

Sighting Request in Japan - Tokyo and Hokkaido

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Dear All..

I will be visiting these places in June.. Would like to ask if there are any fish stalls over there which are worth visiting during the trip.. Thank you very much..

Regards
    Samuel

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ask ramasaotome, he did post a thread before about it, you can try to do search.

Hokkaido...hm...nice ramen
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    Fish shops i know.. in both places.. hokkaido i can only speak for Sapporo.. but the funny thing is i dont know how to tell you how to go...
    tokyo i already posted... hokkaido i posted once before as well..but like i said.. i myself know how to go..but don't know how to tell..haha..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Bring more "bullets"

If Tokyo is your first stop, I suggest you do all your shopping and send it back to Sg via express parcel. A 15kg box will not cost too much (compared to what airlines charge for excess baggage) and that box will reach your home in 2 days

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    yes.. make use of the japanese postal service.. very cheap!!! and the service is fast!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just pass the box to your hotel before you check out... you can send back those nice driftwood/bogwood too
    Last edited by Jervis; 7th May 2008 at 16:55.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Mmm..Hokkaido...ice cream...

Better luck in Tokyo for fish shops unless you can figure out Sapporo.

While in Hokkaido, must visit the Chitose Salmon Aquarium. The Obsevatory is built into the river bank of the Chitose river, so you can view the underwater activities. If you can time your visit during the Salmon run, then its really something to crow about. Last time I went, I saw a trout, some dead leaves and a coke can. Of course they also have display tanks showing fish and fauna from the local biotope.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks Guys for the inputs.. By the way.. Anyone know how much is the express parcel? And how to go about doing it especially for the fishes? Guess for bogwood/fish accessories etc.. I can luggage pack them.. Think better ask first now as I might just chance upon very nice fishes or other fish accessories.. Who knows..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    dont need.. you will DEFINITELY chance upon nice fishes... that is not a probability..it is a certainty.. but price is another issue..haha.. if you love them enough...then the price becomes less of a factor...
    For fishes..i always pack them in my suit case and check in.. but other things you can probably use the mail as mentioned.
    For Sapporo, Hokkaido..you can check out this old thread of mine.. there is a map there so should be okay. For Tokyo.. can just search for my tokyo post..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel2618 View Post
    Thanks Guys for the inputs.. By the way.. Anyone know how much is the express parcel? And how to go about doing it especially for the fishes? Guess for bogwood/fish accessories etc.. I can luggage pack them.. Think better ask first now as I might just chance upon very nice fishes or other fish accessories.. Who knows..
    I sent a 15kg box back (pretty large) for S$150.00 (the box costs around $3 get from hotel reception). This is 2 day express, I believe the "snail" version is much cheaper. For me, the $150 is well spent... imagine all the nagging I'll get carrying 15kg worth of fishy stuff

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Okie.. Thanks Bro Jervis.. By the way.. Love your all your tanks.. especially the pico one.. Wanted to get the same light from Ikea.. Haha.. but the price.. Too ex for me.. Haha..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    What you intend to buy? Electronic not suitable cause they are 110V.... S'pore lfs's fishes are nicer than Japan's. Unless you are after goldfishes or koi, must go to farms but most are in Nagoya & Niigata....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Sam, if you are still in apistos & corys, go check out An Aquarium at Ginza.
    My fav Japan LFS.
    And I need you to do a little favour for me if you go visit them......
    It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by yorky View Post
    Hi Sam, if you are still in apistos & corys, go check out An Aquarium at Ginza.
    My fav Japan LFS.
    And I need you to do a little favour for me if you go visit them......
    Sure.. I will sms you in Japan when I pass by this shop.. Anyway, where is it situated? Tokyo or Hokaiddo?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Samuel,

Both places have good apisto shop

Can I tag along too?

Haha..
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel2618 View Post
    Sure.. I will sms you in Japan when I pass by this shop.. Anyway, where is it situated? Tokyo or Hokaiddo?
    Its in Tokyo.
    And they know how to pack the fish..
    It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackytpt View Post
    Samuel,

Both places have good apisto shop

Can I tag along too?

Haha..
    Sure Nicholas,

You PM me your contact no.. I will sms you as well if I ever chance upon these local fish stall.. Need to confirm with the tour guide over there if I have a chance to route there..

Regards
    Samuel