Images
    Country
    Singapore

Ludwigia sedoides

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Ludwigia sedoides is an easy to grow floating Ludwigia sp. native to South America. It grows in regular aquarium/pond temperatures and is not too demanding except for lights.

This makes it an ideal floating cover in high light aquariums (used to shade plants like Anubias and Crypt species). The size of this attractive plant can be controlled when given between 3-4wpg.

These tend to grow much bigger in ponds or when they are able to receive direct sunlight. Leaves can turn a unique red under high lights.

Mizu World - Understanding your Aquatic Needs
    Web: http://www.mizuworld.com Email: [email protected] Contact: +6597857957 (Ben)

Distributor of

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    that is a really nice plant... is there a view from which we can see how it looks like floating on water... how are the roots like?

Hi,

this is Heiko Bleher and I jus wanted to say in regards to the Ludwigia shown:
    Orginally the very first exports (and discovery) of this species was by my mother and myself in the early 1950s in Mato Grosso (Rio Guaporé) Brazil and we exported it until the 1980s as TRAPA BRASILIENSIS, a aquatic plant also with floating leafs and very similar looking. Until it was finally classified correctly because of its flower.

It will always grow to the top and float and can have steams up to 3 foots (or even 4) long. I would associate it only with south American plants, such as Cabomba, Echinodorus, Limnophila, other (underwater) Ludwigia and Hygrophila species.

Now all the very best, and have alook at my site and the xpoedition and there are many aquatic (nature) plants and the recent aquascape contests in japan, Finland, and elsewhere.

All the best, from a plant and fish collectors

Heiko Bleher
    www.aquapress-bleher.com
    Best regards,
    Heiko Bleher