Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    ----------------
    On 1/13/2003 1:55:29 PM
    You sure it's lack of PO4 causing redder plants? There's recent discussions at AquaBotanic about lack of NO3 resulting redder plants.
    ----------------
    Vinz,

later in the thread toshi mentioned that it was not just a deficiency in NO3, but potentially other macros which could lead to increased redness.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,
    I thought Fe + light are the contributors to redness of plants. I notice my plants a much redish when closer to the light. Is this still true? Is the discussion about low N for redness is to further improve the redness?

Pls excuse me here as I'm a begineer and would like to learn more about the chemistry of plant growth here.

BTW, I am using Seachem Potassium and notice more hair root for the stem plant after using Potassium. It use to have long and bigger roots. BTW, I am not using base fertilizer (only use tablet fert), this could be a sign of fert deficiency in the substrate.[:]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    addie,

Fe and light are known to have impact on the redness of plants. By discussing the effect of NO3 of plant redness, we weren't excluding the fact that Fe and light also play a role... just focusing the discussion more on NO3 only
    Allen

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234