Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Where to get stainless steel bar to support overhead filter?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Where to get stainless steel bar to support overhead filter?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,
    Where in singapore can I get 4 piece of stainless steel bar of 2ft length about 2cm width with thickness at least 5mm, preferably the shop can bend the ends of the bar into a L-shape in order to secure onto the tank to support the weight of the OHF? Any idea? Thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry but why do you need a bracket for the OHF? Care to elaborate a bit more?

The metals are available at Serangoon North, next to a light shop. The hardware store is about 4 shops away from Goodwill Bird trading.
    A Friend is one who is Faithful, Reliable, Inspiring, Encourager, who is Neutral when handling conflicts and helps to Develop you as a person.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Reason for the bracket is because the ohf only long enough to rest on the bracing on each side of the side, so I am getting some brackets to support the ohf instead of using the bracing to support.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    try checking industrial parks (ie. amk industrial park at ave 10) for ironwork or metalworks. they should be able to help you in making the required brackets.

you can consider diy with aluminium tubes. check hardware shops for tubes that has a square cross section. cut notches to seat the tubes onto the braces.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    YOu can't bend SS square cross section rods into a right angle. You have to weld to get that. SS can be quite expensive nowadays, you may wanna try iron and give it a good coat of paintwork to resist rusting. BUt yes, Aluminium is an alternative but also expensive. If you can get the bars of the size you want and the drawings, I can cut & weld them for you for a small fee. ( to cover the welding rods and workmanship)
    If it's meant to be, it will be. If not, so be it!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    do you happen to own/work in a metalwork engineering firm?
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    oh,..no lah,....I sometimes do installation work and it may involve welding. I do all my shelvngs myself and soon to come my fish room........
    If it's meant to be, it will be. If not, so be it!