Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia

transparent new leaves

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    i got these transparent new leaves on my anubias. it happens in my 40 gallon.

anyone know what deficiency is this?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ikuzo View Post
    i got these transparent new leaves on my anubias. it happens in my 40 gallon.

anyone know what deficiency is this?
    You may be lacking of Iron, sometime Magnesium deficiency prevents a plant from properly taking iron. Try to add enough iron first before adding any Magnesium, as Magnesium can be supply through micro nutrient trace elements. When you want your plant to grow red, you'll add more Magnesium to increase the plant from taking in more iron, and too much iron can cause algae problems.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,
    i think it might be iron deficiency as well.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    Being a slow grower, it usually doesn't show immediately that a tank is lacking of trace elements and iron, that is until a little bit too late in case of anubias.

I would vote more to the lack of iron as well. The lack of magnesium could be a possible cause as well (Mg as a component of the chlorophyll), though usually it is sufficient when the tank is maintained by changing part of the water in a weekly/biweekly routine, esp when considering anubias to be very slow growing.

Try to add some liquid fertilizer containing micro nutrients and iron. Dose accordingly (in most case lightly in a low light tank). You will start to notice the effect within several weeks.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by medicineman View Post
    Being a slow grower, it usually doesn't show immediately that a tank is lacking of trace elements and iron, that is until a little bit too late in case of anubias.

I would vote more to the lack of iron as well. The lack of magnesium could be a possible cause as well (Mg as a component of the chlorophyll), though usually it is sufficient when the tank is maintained by changing part of the water in a weekly/biweekly routine, esp when considering anubias to be very slow growing.

Try to add some liquid fertilizer containing micro nutrients and iron. Dose accordingly (in most case lightly in a low light tank). You will start to notice the effect within several weeks.
    Agreed with Medicineman. Also it could be the flow is not enough to flow to the area causes death spot where ferts is not distribute evenly. If you could post a picture would be better.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    hmm thanks everyone, it could be because i don't do water changes in this tank.
    Certainly take the advice of others but always, always be yourself - Eric Cantona
    10 gallon
    40 gallon
    100 gallon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    ikuzo,

In that case, what is your FE concentration in you region ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    i'm dosing about 1/5 of what you dose for a highlight CO2 tank. i have a similar tank (100 gallon) which is doing fine with the same method.
    Certainly take the advice of others but always, always be yourself - Eric Cantona
    10 gallon
    40 gallon
    100 gallon