Thread: Anyone seen these recently?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Australia
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I think you can be pretty sure that Boraras species are ALL wildcaught and not farm bred. No commercial farm in Indonesia or Thailand/Vietnam breeds boraras.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Natix,
    Last i have heard, c328 small boxed tank you recommended no longer have them. You are expanding on your Boraras B collection ? You might want to check with richard colorful as well. Was there 3-5 weeks back and he carries bags of them. I intend get at least 4 more females for my 1FT.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey torque...yeap,i finally got some free time recently and have since cleared up all my tanks! Redoing up 2tanks now hence looking to expand my existing collection! I've already got rid of my "rojak" fishes and planning to keep single species tank.I'm going for at least 50 each of each species. Went down to C328 few days ago but couldn't find them. Went to my favourtite corner to hunt for them but found something else?Kinda small as well,but less striking?Looks alittle like the Ember tetra?Not sure if anyone else saw them. Lemme know if you interested,can share the fish if you like since i'll definitely buy a huge bag of each?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    is it the 2nd tank from the bottom? i believe those are ember tetras as you have mentioned

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah,guess those were it! But strangely...during my trip there just now i noticed 2 other species of "dwarf" fishes inside.They were very similar in shape to the boraras family,just that one of them was kinda pale with faint markings that resemble the Bororas brigittae and the other one almost blue/blackish?Didn't get a chance to ask Mrs Toh as it was crowded.Hmmm..ID anyone?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Boraras brigittae is a very sensitive fella but when it colours up, it's the reddest of them all IMHO.
    You can if you dare to fail - Stan Chung

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    That's what i've noticed apparently,hence i'm more of a condition the fish well over wild/local bred kinda guy. So i won't have any qualms about buying a drab looking fish so long as it's healthy and well. So i'm not sure if 1 of the 2 fishes other then the Ember tetras i saw in the bottom tanks were in fact Bororas brigittae? They did exhibit similar markings though,but it was simply too crowded to ogle any longer!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Looks like B. maculatus (there is Sundadanio axelrodi too in the same tank).

aquanatix, since you are using someone else's picture, would you mind crediting the rightful owner?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I bought few batches of Bororas brigittae from Colorful, conditions are quite good. The color of these fellow really depends on the condition on the tank. I have put the same batch of fishes onto two tanks at different interval. I find that the truly blood red happens in my office low tech tank compare to my 6ft high tech tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Want to get some for my office low tech tank to try out. Just back from Wuhu, they got no more B.Brigittae, didn't see at Polyart too, have to drop by Seaview tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Great to know you are expanding on your collection. I'm probably adding 3-4 more females for my 1FT later on, once its ready in 6-9 weeks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixotic View Post
    Looks like B. maculatus (there is Sundadanio axelrodi too in the same tank).

aquanatix, since you are using someone else's picture, would you mind crediting the rightful owner?
    1000 apologies,did not realize i was violating copyright issues here. Images were gathered a long time ago and stored in my com,then photoshopped together into 1single image before uploading it online. I have no idea regarding original source. Should i remove it ASAP?
    Anyway...B. maculatus? Could it be the blueish looking one i saw and Sundadanio axelrodi the other B.brigittae looking one i mentioned?Yeah torque,love these fishes so darn much!Ever since i tried some 2years ago i've been stuck! Do lemme know again if you need some,i'll probably buy in bulk so won't mind letting go some to you should LFS be out of stocks!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Ahhh!!!Corrections...the blueish ones should be Sundadanio axelrodi and the B.brigittae looking one should be in fact B. maculatus.Will drop by C328 again later tonight to verify,should be less crowded around 10+?Might just get them if i get to start enough! Heads up for the fish ID quixotic. Managed to dig up an older thread regarding the Sundadanio axelrodi, apparently their delicate? (http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=19637)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    B. maculatus are generally cheaper and bigger in size. While those priced around 80cent or 1$ and reddish in colour are most likely to be B. brigittae.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12