Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Interested to get started in marine tank...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by patennis View Post
    Hi FishRock,

WOW! Your tank does truly ROCKS!!! Very Very beautiful... must be very painful for you to give it all up... So you are not keeping any aquariums now???

Thanks for sharing with us your amazing pics!

Patennis
    tkq for ur kind words im nw settin up a 4ft aquatic tank, i hope it can b as successful as my marine tank

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Wow fishrock... are those blastos? someone rich man one is like $100 thereabouts... Love your green leather finger!
    ~Kristen~

Fish enthusiast is a nice euphemism for manic geekery.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sad but true... my starfish had died together with my clown fish. I guess the starfish was very sensitive to the water parameters.. and shortly after starfish died, my clown fish also died together with it.. Wonder was it because he had ate the flesh and got infected...

Now my tank only has the blue damsel (the original) and a blue velvet damsel...

Will monitor a while b4 adding other LS in next wk.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi qingshun, am sadden to know about the death of your chocolate chip starfish & your active clownfish... [Is there a need to 'clean' your tank or change your water in case there are any infectious stuffs left behind by the starfish...] Hope you'll not give up on this interesting & fun hobby but in fact come back stronger...

For mine, currently have 1 common clownfish, 1 red scarlet hermit crab, 1 red (6-legged ) starfish, 1 cleaner skunk shrimp, some zoas, some red macroalgae in my 24cm cube GEX tank set up for about a month+ already... Doing weekly water change with top-ups every few days...

Thought of adding 1 or 2 more fish inside to accompany my lonely clownfish... but dunoe what nano fish can be added in to live in harmony with it though... Any recommendations from any reefers experts here are welcomed!!

Quote Originally Posted by qingshun View Post
    Sad but true... my starfish had died together with my clown fish. I guess the starfish was very sensitive to the water parameters.. and shortly after starfish died, my clown fish also died together with it.. Wonder was it because he had ate the flesh and got infected...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Found this website while surfing. Might be useful for you but use it at your own risk.

http://haaga.aqua-web.org/Mini/index.htm

Hope this helps!
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by qingshun View Post

for a nano tank, any sudden changes in the water parameter i.e dead of a fish or coral may casue a diatom or spike in amonia.. which casue fish die of..

so it is always adviceable to start off with the largest marin tank you can afford.. and a having a good skimmer helps to control this as well..
    hope this helps.
    Brighting the Future

LED Aquarium Lighting solution...

www.oceanus-light.com

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Found this website while surfing. Might be useful for you but use it at your own risk.

http://haaga.aqua-web.org/Mini/index.htm

Hope this helps!

Hi

How your marine tank now? You wanna show us some photos?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Hi

How your marine tank now? You wanna show us some photos?
    Me? Well I've removed all of my live rock and found a few crabs. In place of the liverock, I've used some pvc pipes and eggcrate to act as a rack to hold the coral. I don't have a digital camera though.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Me? Well I've removed all of my live rock and found a few crabs. In place of the liverock, I've used some pvc pipes and eggcrate to act as a rack to hold the coral. I don't have a digital camera though.
    Did you remove the crabs? Any nasty looking worms?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by beetlejuice403 View Post
    For mine, currently have 1 common clownfish, 1 red scarlet hermit crab, 1 red (6-legged ) starfish, 1 cleaner skunk shrimp, some zoas, some red macroalgae in my 24cm cube GEX tank set up for about a month+ already... Doing weekly water change with top-ups every few days...

Thought of adding 1 or 2 more fish inside to accompany my lonely clownfish... but dunoe what nano fish can be added in to live in harmony with it though... Any recommendations from any reefers experts here are welcomed!!
    Hi bro, didn't know you got a nano reef I had a 3ft marine before and I find that clown fish can be kept with many variety of fishes but they are less tolerant with clownfish of different species. So I would mix a big percula, a big skunk clownfish with a small tomato (semi-aggressive) and it works

You could add a purple firefish goby. Their colours are really vibrant. Or a yellow watchman goby, they're less active but they have this grumpy face that just looks funny, it gets funnier when the cleaner shrimp tries to clean it up and it will look even grumpier.

Have fun reefing

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
    Did you remove the crabs? Any nasty looking worms?
    Yes, I did remove them. Can't find any large nasty worm but I do see some small ones. I have lessen my pump usage for my tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, I did remove them. Can't find any large nasty worm but I do see some small ones. I have lessen my pump usage for my tank.

Just curious, what fishes you intend to keep.
    Last time I kept marine, a non-fish setup can also be very nice and easier to maintain.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234