Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Where got sell wooden planks.?

Feedback Score

Where got sell wooden planks.?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I need some wooden Planks so can make my own fish tank hood. i try Ikea but they are all too thick and heavy.
    Any bros out there come across any shop selling?
    Thanks;

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    DIY shop.. went to the one at great world city basement, they do sell timber, supposed they cut them for u since there is a workshop in there.. but I also think, u can prolly find shops like this in joo chiat road or perharps kelatan lane

Feedback Score
    another good place to find is the industrial areas ard the HDB estates. Some will throw away overleft big pieces for furnitures and u can pick up the smaller pieces for free. My dad made himself flower pot rack(those long and nice ones) by just collecting planks and wood pieces from the factories. I can say people thought we bought the rack from some balinese furniture shop.

Alternatively, u can buy from the block planks at a cheaper price than IKEA. If you really like pine wood, then go for IKEA.
    Regards,
    Brigitte

Feedback Score
    Yup, kelantan lane and great world city diy shop are the places where i used to get my wood for my sec. school n level project. Can get them cheap too.

DawNdAwn, he already stated IKEA's wood was too thick for him. Still ask him go ikea.. lol[] []
    Thanks & Regards,
    Trevor

Feedback Score
    Hey, another forumer "dotdot" was posting some lights for sale. Said he got plywood from this shop which custom cuts plywood planks for you:

HUP SOON LONG TRADING CO PE LTD
    NO. 11 SYED ALWI RD
    #01-07 TECK HENG LONG IND BLDG
    tel 63923343
    -----------------------------
    Clarence Hoe

Feedback Score
    wah lao trevor, mai suan wa lah. tat day post reply blur blur wat. Good places to hunt for wood planks, aljunied and paya lebar, eunos light industrial areas. Especially eunos tat side, alot of furniture and wood factories behind the mrt station besides the block of flats.
    Regards,
    Brigitte