Images
    Country
    Singapore

New Dennerle 2 ft Tank Fertilizer set

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Seems like Dennerle have a new 2 ft tank dosing package out with the 3 main fertilizer. 2 X 25 ml of S7 (enough for 1000 L) and V30 (enough for 200 L) and 10 tablets of E15 enough for 200 L. Don't know about the price yet, but this would be great for those that don't want to get Dennerle's industrial size packaging.

I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    errrr my guess is that it would be pretty uneconomical to try... It would only be a good alternative for someone with maybe a 20L tank. Otherwise you use up your stuff far too fast to be economical.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Well they did indicate that it's for a 60 cm tank which is normally about 14 to 15 U.S Gallons.

Assuming that you have one of those very common GEX/Five Plan 2 feet tank, that would be 57 L in volume. If you change 30% of the water (or 20 L) every fortnight. This set will last you 10 months. E15 tablets is 1 tablet for 20L of water replaced and V30 is 2.5 ml for 20 L of water replaced. The two items are used alternatively every fortnight and S7 every week and 25 ml is enough for 1000L. Seems like a good size if you own only 1 or 2 60 cm tank to me.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    How much does that cost?

Dennerle came also with a set of, I think 5 or 6 mini bottles, that cost about $85. I thought this would be a good begginer's kit to give a proper start.

Which is cheaper?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    That is a complete sampler but some of us don't use stuff like FB7, TR7 etc. If 6 bottles cost about S$85, then this should definitely cost less. Hopefully.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    E15 and V30 is dosed according to water replaced and not total water volume? Can someone confirm?
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 12/9/2002 4:36:38 PM

E15 and V30 is dosed according to water replaced and not total water volume? Can someone confirm?
    ----------------
    Yes thats true. Recommended dosage is for water changed, and its E15 on the 15/30th of the month, and V30 on the 30th.

Although to be honest, I used to dose E15/V30 at the full water amount and alternate weekly between the 2. No algae problems, and the plants were happy as clams [] []
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 12/9/2002 4:45:37 PM

Yes thats true. Recommended dosage is for water changed, and its E15 on the 15/30th of the month, and V30 on the 30th.

Although to be honest, I used to dose E15/V30 at the full water amount and alternate weekly between the 2. No algae problems, and the plants were happy as clams [] []
    ----------------
    Hey Allen,

No wonder it's not gonna be economical for you![]

By the way, when you say alternate weekly between the two, you meant that you use E15 twice a month and V30 twice a month too. Did I get it right? Also, you plants are having healthy growth without algae? WOW!

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Err yes thats exactly what I mean... twice with V30 and twice with E15 at full tank volume dosage... and no I had no algae except spot algae on my anubias...

My bigger problem was pruning... every 2 weeks my plants grow into a jungle...
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh I forgot to add... as I was using a full dennerle setup then, I also used 2x 3085 tubes and 4x 6085 tubes which may have contributed to less algae growth (as claimed by dennerle)... though frankly I'm a bit skeptical... but who knows?!
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry, me a bit 'suaku'.... but what is 3085 and 6085?
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh sorry... 3085 and 6085 are the models of the dennerle FL tubes... full name should be Dennerle Trocal 3085 and 6085... I believe the number also reflects the color temp.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 12/9/2002 5:40:17 PM

oh sorry... 3085 and 6085 are the models of the dennerle FL tubes... full name should be Dennerle Trocal 3085 and 6085... I believe the number also reflects the color temp.
    ----------------

Isn't 3085 K too low for planted tanks? I thought it should be 5000 to 8000 range.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------

Isn't 3085 K too low for planted tanks? I thought it should be 5000 to 8000 range.
    ----------------
    Remember, the color temp is always just a guide. What is more important is the spectrum of the light. The 3085 tube is very distinctly orange/yellow in its light output... but its spectrum is tuned for plants. In fact, if you were to buy the dennerle book, its the 3085 tube which they recommend.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I am using a Trocal 3085 combined with a 6500K PL. Yes, 3085 is very yellow but in combination with a higher K tube... looks great! I love the combination.

BC

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 12/9/2002 5:47:38 PM

Remember, the color temp is always just a guide. What is more important is the spectrum of the light. The 3085 tube is very distinctly orange/yellow in its light output... but its spectrum is tuned for plants. In fact, if you were to buy the dennerle book, its the 3085 tube which they recommend.

----------------
    Hi Allen,

But the book is an old edition (White cover) that the European company is trying to get rid off at bargain prices. They don't even list the 6085 or 8085 tubes cos it wasn't out then. From what I know, the old book is sell at S$10 to S$15 and the new one (grey cover) is out already but the distributor here must be waiting to clear the old one first before selling the new one.

On the other hand, the website recomends the Trocal series, but not the 3085 in particular. In your experience, any difference between the two types you are using?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 12/9/2002 6:13:14 PM

Hi Allen,

But the book is an old edition (White cover) that the European company is trying to get rid off at bargain prices. They don't even list the 6085 or 8085 tubes cos it wasn't out then. From what I know, the old book is sell at S$10 to S$15 and the new one (grey cover) is out already but the distributor here must be waiting to clear the old one first before selling the new one.

On the other hand, the website recomends the Trocal series, but not the 3085 in particular. In your experience, any difference between the two types you are using?
    ----------------
    Well, I did buy the book some 2 years back so its not surprising that its an old print... they didn't list the 5085, 6085 and 8085 but I know that the 5085 and 6085 were available. Although the webby doesn't explicitly recommend the 3085, if you take a look at the website I think its significant to note the name of the tube is "trocal plant 3085".

In addition, you can see the detailed spectrum of all the tubes listed. You should see that all of them have basically 3 large spikes in the blue green and red spectrum at similar wavelengths (though their magnitudes and spread differ). Basically the difference is mainly in the magnitude of the spike in the blue and green spectrums. Most plants don't handle green spectrum that well, so in terms of photosynthesis thats not much help... red and blue is more important. However our human eye is the most sensitive to greens. Using all 3085 may be great for plants, but I would hazard a guess that our fish/plant colors may look off. Thats why I chose to mix.

Today however, I tend to just go for Tri-phosphor FL tubes. Mainly for cost reasons, but so far they seem to work great! Am also considering doing a switch to bioplast tubes for a try, but a bit xxxx
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    [quote]
    ----------------
    On 12/9/2002 9:26:59 PM

----------------
    On 12/9/2002 6:13:14 PM

Today however, I tend to just go for Tri-phosphor FL tubes. Mainly for cost reasons, but so far they seem to work great!
    ----------------
    Is it NEC Tri-phosphor FL? If that so, that is the FL tube has good reputation among Taiwanese hobbyists as it only ranked under ADA NA tube. PL tube has been abandoned by many Taiwanese hobbyists nowadays as they realized the heat generated by PL tube is great.

Since Taiwanese Planted tank scene is 10 years in advance than Singapore, the history may repeat that many of us would go for the high quality FL tube one day.
    Aquatic plants and LEGO collector.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    strangely enough, i've never liked PL tubes
    been using the bioplast tubes and MV for a very long time already
    but personally i don't find it makes that much of a difference

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Not sure if NEC tubes are tri-phosphor... but given todays technology it is highly likelt that tri-phosphor tubes are available from NEC. The tubes I know which are tri-phosphor are

1. Hitachi EBT
    2. Philips FL8xx series
    3. Osram Lumilux series
    Allen