Thread: Lace plant requirement

Feedback Score

Lace plant requirement

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Wanted to know what is your tank spec to grow Aponogeton madagascariensis. For you guys that have grown the lace plant successfully, can you please tell me the pH, gH, kH, lightings and most important of all, temperature, in your tank. My tank temp in the morning is around 26-27C and in the evening with lights on is around 27.5C-28.5C. The light is about 3 watts/gallon.

Thanks,
    Joo

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    if not mistaken, the temperature has to be 20-26 degc. so your tank temperature could be too high.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Yeah I'm aware of the temperature requirement from the internet and books. I just wanted to know if anybody has successfully grow the plant with temp about 27-28. Alot of reference book and the internet said plant "A" needs temp around 24-27 but I have grown plant "A" successfully with temp above 30C. So I'm just wondering if the lace can do well above 26C. Just wanna see if there is such cases for the lace plant or not []

The reason I post this is to get to know others' experience.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Most cold water plants can survive at higher temps... whether they can thrive is another thing... Usually though even colder temp plants will acclimitize given enough time, and then grow well... Specifically, I have no experience with this plant so I can't comment.
    Allen

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi allen

chances not likely to survive....when we did gan's tank we placed in a few lace plants which did well when the temp was set to 26C...it was later raised to 28C and the plant started melting.
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...