Images
    Country
    Singapore

Ferka liquid ferts

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Have been experimenting with Wondergro liquid ferts for some time with good results, so i wanted to try out other brands to compare and contrast the various fert regimes. I've heard good things about ferka so I thought i'd give the brand a shot. Anyone knows where I can get them besides Midori? C328 and Polyart seem never to have even heard of the brand before

Also, anyone knows how their aquatilizer works? i've always thought macros and micros can't be mixed!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    midori should be your best bet
    biotope used to sell the range some time ago (at least at the old location in bukit merah) but after they moved to amk they don't seem to carry it anymore
    and i don't recall seeing it anywhere else

i used to use the ferka line for dosing my tanks
    if i remember, aquatilizer does not contain nitrate and phosphate, only potassium and the micros
    it seems to work on the premise that phosphorus and nitrate are already present in a planted tank environment
    im not sure on that as no publicly available info on this but results-wise it worked pretty well for me
    other brands like ada and jbl etc also have an all-in-one fert mix
    so i always thought micros and macros can be mixed

shadow uses Ei dosing and he premixes everything into one solution if i am not wrong
    only iron cannot be mixed in according to him but i will have to defer to him on this as i have never experimented on mixing in this manner
    Last edited by oblivion; 30th Jun 2008 at 02:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    illumnae, is your results confine to low tech? or do you have them for high tech as well. I havent used wondergro initially as NPK is usually coupled with traces and micros making daily dosage targeting specific PPM difficult.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I've used wondergro both in low tech and high tech setups (high tech 422 and 3 low tech nano cubes). I don't dose by ppm calculation per se. Instead, I've used the Lushgro calculator to find out the recommended dosage of Lushgro for EI, and going by what I was informed about the nutrient concentration of Wondergro vs Lushgro, modified accordingly and dosed using EI dosage. It's worked well thus far.

I've been informed that Wondergro was developed with EI dosing proportions kept in mind, which makes it easy for me since I subscribe to the EI method of fertilization.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    so is wondergro easier to derive the respective PPM for NPK without overdosing traces?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    this thread is going OT haha

i don't bother calculating PPM. i dose 1.5x the recommended dosage divided over 3 days for both macro and micro and it works well for me (0.5x recommended dosage of macro on mon, wed, sat and 0.5x recommend dosage of micro on sun, tues, thurs. 50% water change on sat)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    C328 does carry Ferka liquid fert.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hmm i asked uncle 2 weeks back and he gave me a blank stare and said he's never heard of it. I'll be dropping by tonight so I guess I can take a look again

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hmm, that's weird. I've seen them many times. They are stored on the shelf behind the counter, near the high end CRS section there. Heh.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I've help you to check out, C328 no longer has stocks. Guess your best bet would be Midori for now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for your help

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Where you bought your Wondergro liquid ferts?

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i think it may be more appropriate to start a seperate wondergro thread. 1/2 this ferka thread seems to be discussing wondergro