Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Compatibility of Neon Tetras with Cherry Barbs & Zebra Danios?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Compatibility of Neon Tetras with Cherry Barbs & Zebra Danios?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all, intend to shift & place my current (about 10 pieces) Neon Tetra to my studyroom's tank (1-feet base with 16 inches of height; running on 7 Stars SF-601 with DIY CO2 & 13W hang-on light) with the following flora/ fauna:

1) 3 Zebra Danios
    2) 5 Cherry Barbs
    3) Few Ramshorn Snails & 'Snailets'
    4) 2 Cherry Shrimps & 1 Taiwan Shrimp
    5) Five different species of Crypt plants
    6) Riccia (on SS Mesh)
    7) Java Moss (on SS Mesh)
    Dipilis Diandra
    9) 2 other unknown plants

My main concern is whether if the Neon Tetras are able to co-live with the existing fauan/flora harmoniously? Think maybe lives at stake may be if my shrimps start breeding & its shrimplets... Will addition of the 10 Neon Tetras cause a bio-overload in my tank?

Thanks in advance for all responses/ advises...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes , there should be no problem.

Cheers, Christophe
    ~ Ā q u ã O b s έ Ş Ş i ŏ ŋ ~
    Once you pop, You can't Stop
    http://aquaobsession.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks AquaObsession!!! [Advise coming out from a Veteran AQ Member sure accurate one lah... ]

Ok, will look at the alamac first for a day/time auspicious to move my Neon tetras... Most probably will do so this coming weekends... Will update if any clashes happens or casulties [Touchwood!!]
    Last edited by Quixotic; 14th Jul 2008 at 21:40. Reason: Remove immediate quote

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    And I am surprised to see that your shrimps are still alive!

Commando shrimps!
    ~ Ā q u ã O b s έ Ş Ş i ŏ ŋ ~
    Once you pop, You can't Stop
    http://aquaobsession.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ha! Ha! Thanks, but actually started with sending in 2 Cherries, 1 Sakura & 1 Taiwan shrimps to recce the terrain... but 1 Cherry died during mission, so left with 1 Cherry, 1 Sakura & 1 Taiwan shrimp each... [Maybe they just decided to have 1 of each specie... ]

Still monitoring the situations of the shrimps before I send in my next batch of 'infantry' shrimps... LOL!!! Or at least after the newly introduced Neon Tetras are not creating BIG HAVOC in the crypt tank...
    Last edited by Quixotic; 14th Jul 2008 at 21:40. Reason: Remove immediate quote

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    eh, its abit overcrowded for me since you already have 10 tetras, 3 zebras, 5 barbs and shrimps with snails totalling around > 25+ fauna for a 1FT ?

I've only planned to keep 6 boraras for my heavily planted 1FT tank and another 20cm cube tank with 2 boraras and 1 snail...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi bro torque6, thanks for the comments & 'warning'... Yah! Now thinking about it, also worried about taxing my bioload in the tank with the intro of 10 Neon Tetras... [Had a previous bad experience of causing many of my livestocks (mostly Cherry Shrimps) to 'up lorry' due to overstocking... - You'd replied to it also... ]

So now may decide to postpone, no it should be ABORT the idea of introducing my 10 Neon Tetras 1st... (Hmm... how about adding in 3 pieces of endlers then?!? Sigh! Just wish to have something more colourful swimming around in this tank of mine inside my studyroom when I'm surfing the Net or typing replies in AQ... LOL!!)
    Last edited by Quixotic; 14th Jul 2008 at 21:41. Reason: Remove immediate quote

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It a little bit overcrowded in my opinion to add those neons ...

Cherry Barb (orange, red) and Zebra Danio (Gold, Blue) are quite active already, aren't they ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    The last time to reduce bioload, i gave most of my guppies for adoption when i decided to change to boraras. Try and plan ahead and decide what fishes you want to keep in the long run, if you are unsure, keep the fauna count low so when there are cute fishes appearing in LFS, you can add them without too much worry.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Enoran, also think that 10 pieces of Neon maybe too crowded... Hmm.. maybe will just had in 5 instead... Yeap! Zebra Danios & Cherry Barbs are very (VERY) active already, but just maybe like to introduce some other colours (those of Neons') into my tank... Will see how first, maybe will toss a coin later...

Quote Originally Posted by Enoran View Post
    It a little bit overcrowded in my opinion to add those neons ...

Cherry Barb (orange, red) and Zebra Danio (Gold, Blue) are quite active already, aren't they ?
    Hi bro torque6, initially when I set up this Crypt tank, thought of using it for Apistos, then saw these cute & active Zebras & Cherrys in LFS, so decided to read up & buy some to inhabit my tank. Read that these are schooling fishes, best to get at least 5 or above, so bought 5 each lor... 2 Zebras 'up-lorry', so now thought of adding in some Neons to spice up the colour of my tank (find it a bit dull leh as seen from the pics...). Maybe will add in just 5 pieces also to achieve the effect.... Thanks for your advises.

Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    The last time to reduce bioload, i gave most of my guppies for adoption when i decided to change to boraras. Try and plan ahead and decide what fishes you want to keep in the long run, if you are unsure, keep the fauna count low so when there are cute fishes appearing in LFS, you can add them without too much worry.