1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge peter, it's always very informative reading your posts about fertilization and algae quite a number of brands of fertilizers subscribe to the "no N and P because your bioload will provide sufficient N and P" theory though, which may end up causing algae blooms because of limiting N and P. hard to remedy that cost-effectively with KNO3 being banned

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    [QUOTE/] And because of the above statement, changing the light tube from 6500K to 10000K will not help GreenAqua's situation as the blue spectrum will further worsen the green water situation.[/QUOTE]

So is the green tinge due to algae or diatoms or just photosynthesis by-product? Note it is not a typical green algae bloom as the water remains clear except for a slight yellowish-greenish tinge. This happens one day after water change and stays that way permanently.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by greenaqua View Post
    [QUOTE/] And because of the above statement, changing the light tube from 6500K to 10000K will not help GreenAqua's situation as the blue spectrum will further worsen the green water situation.

So is the green tinge due to algae or diatoms or just photosynthesis by-product? Note it is not a typical green algae bloom as the water remains clear except for a slight yellowish-greenish tinge. This happens one day after water change and stays that way permanently.
    Do you have a picture of your tank with the yellowish-greenish water? And yes, photosynthesis can produce yellowish water as a by-product, but usually not green.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Green tinge on my water

sorry for digging up such an old thead. but i seem to have the same problem as OP. i have tinted but clear water.

https://imgur.com/bBhrUtz

this is the side view of a 3ft tank, you can clearly see the test kit on the table at the other end of the tank

any idea how to clear up the water? got purigen on its way, hopefully it helps

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Green tinge on my water

If you have not clean your filter then it's time to do so.
    Because adding purigen and uv filter will not help to make your water crystal clear if your filter is clogged.
    Do note after cleaning your filter, the water will remain hazy until the bacteria repopulate. Adding purigen and uv filter at this stage will speed up water clarity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12