Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    maybe because the like to feed themself on algae, thus maybe some of the algae "stick" on them instead ?
    Cheers
    Keeping.
    Apistogramma Peixoto, Agassizi 'Rio Tefe Cacadola', Agassizi 'Tefe Bauna', Bitaenita 'Rio Copea', Diplotaenia 'Barcelos', Mendenzi 'Sao Gabriel', Gibbiceps 'OrangeFace' Opal, Hippolytae, Pauciquamis 'Negro' Uauspei Blukteil, uauspei Rokteil, Elizbethae 'Sao Gabriel', Sunrise, Trifiscata 'Rio Pinmental'

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
    heres a blur pic.. one of the cherry i bought yesterday seems to have this "algae" thing growing on the head area..
    ah... my shrimp that i bought from C328 yest also exactly having this same problem!!!!

in fact it looks the same !!!

think all C328 shrimps all infected with this bacteria.
    the last time i bought them and added to my main tank, the next day about half the population of the whole tank wiped out!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    this piece not bought from c328.. and its still alive today.. 2 days in the tank already.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Don't think the "algae growth" was from C328, I get my shrimps mainly from both 328 and Khatib.

Did a close inspection, and found 5 more shrimps with the "algae growth". Hope I won't find more!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i have a cherry that has had similar algae growth for the past 3 days already.. and i think it is not contagious cos i have a couple dozens of shrimplets together with a handful amount of yamatos...

but there's been two sudden cherry deaths lately (could be due to a fin rot medicine i accidentally dripped in ), but none of them sport the similar algae growths...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Just brought back a cherry that had the "algae growth", and that cherry shrimp shed its shell.

Anyone able to do some kind of analysis on the growth to find it's ID? The shell is still in the tank now.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    look like fungus to me. I bought sakura shrimps from C328 few months back also infected by fungus, but it heal by it self. I guess with good water condition it should be ok. Just remove the empty shell when they moult
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for sharing. Strange to see algae-like growth on the shrimps.

Rightfully when they shed their old shell, the green stuff should go off as well right? If it grows back then it's either the water containing spores of the mother plant or it's the shrimp which may be suffering from some kind of disease which causes the growth.

Better to do regular WC and segregate the affected shrimps to play safe...

Will be checking my little guys tonight to see if they have this stuff.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yeah, the green stuff is off the shrimp now, it's gone together with the shell. So far none has gotten the green stuff growth is about a week. *fingers crossed*.

Have been changing water weekly now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12