Images
    Country
    Singapore

Injecting CO2 to Ext Filter

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Have anyone try injecting co2 to the external filter as a mean of dissolving the gas? I've inserted the co2 tube via the input of filter, bubbles can be seen through the green pipe. The thing is, I don't see any bubbles coming out of the output pipe. Does that mean a total dissolve? Will this method kill the good bacteria in the filter? Had just tried out today, filter still working as normal(no loud noise due to air as anticipated). What do you guys think? [:] [:0] [] [] []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Its not a bad idea, but just to make sure its working... look at your input valve and make sure you see the bubbles being drawn into the filter...

If it is being drawn in, then what will happen is that your CO2 bubbles will get smashed into smaller bubbles by the impeller at the output valve... which is why you don't see it.

There are a couple of risks I can think of...

the biggest being that you must make sure your piping has no big kinks that might trap the CO2... if CO2 builds up and forms in the kink, it could cause enough of a disruption that your filter output might stop... If that happens without you noticing, your whole bacteria colony might die.
    Allen