Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sighting request: Where can I find Boraras brigittae?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    [quote=hann;367869]
    Quote Originally Posted by beetlejuice403 View Post
    Hi hann, thanks for the info, mind sharing where you bought yours? Thanks!

I got mine from Wuhu.
    Ok thanks Hann, so Wu Hu seems to be the place to go to get my Boraras Brigittae... Anyone can help to confirm if this is Wu Hu's address?

Wu Hu Shui Zu (TB Ben, Ben's)
    Blk 71 Seng Poh Road
    #01-39
    Singapore 160071

Anyone has Wu Hu's number, think most probably will cal & ask if they have the above fishes & the price for it before I make a trip down...

Many thanks!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Yes, beside Tiong Bahru market. Do give them a call to check their stock. Tel: 62270935 | Web: http://www.wuhu.sg/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    [QUOTE=beetlejuice403;367877]
    Quote Originally Posted by hann View Post

Ok thanks Hann, so Wu Hu seems to be the place to go to get my Boraras Brigittae... Anyone can help to confirm if this is Wu Hu's address?

Wu Hu Shui Zu (TB Ben, Ben's)
    Blk 71 Seng Poh Road
    #01-39
    Singapore 160071

Anyone has Wu Hu's number, think most probably will cal & ask if they have the above fishes & the price for it before I make a trip down...

Many thanks!

Definitely have to checked before u head down. I oso called before going down, coz not worth it to make a fruitless trip. Last month, I saw some Boraras Brigittae at Biotope. They even have the red one. Not sure whether they have them now.

Feedback Score
    Biotope has some red ones.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    C328 just came in a batch..might want to check them out?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Anywhere selling Boraras uropthalmoides besides Seaview? I don't need 100 of them =)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    I am sure you can get 1 or 10 pieces at Seaview, just check with the friendly staff. Or you can go Biotope.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks to all the kind & helpful bros whom replied to this thread on the availability...

Had bought mine finally this afternoon from Colourful [Kudos to my friend for bringing me there!!] @ 80 cents per piece, but too bad only have 8 pieces... Anyway, it's really a very small fish & cute... Now acclimatising it & will be releasing it into my shrimp tank tonite... [Will try & take photo of it & upload for comments... Doesn't look very red though, is it because it's still very young or all are female??]

Cheers!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    You will impress with their reddish once they settle down at your tank, no worries. Hope to see your photos soon~

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi all, finally managed to capture a shot of my Boraras Brigittae after introducing into my tank for 10 days... Here they are:

1)

2)

Sorry for the poor quality pics as shot using my HP's camera...

Can any bro confirm if they are of the real Boraras Brigittae breed as I know that there is another commonly mistaken fish similar to it also... & also, noticed that some are very red, but some is dull in colour - was told by bro Torque that redder should be male. Or is it a sign of stress or still adapting in my tank?? Many thanks once again!!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    What food do they take ? Do they eat micro pellets ?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi beetlejuice403,
    Yes there are Boraras brigittae. They seen to be coloring up well.

Hi Randchai
    Yes it take micro pellet.
    Best Regards, TS
    PlantLog Garden Cryptocoryne, Bucephalandra .....

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi bros, thanks for the responses

Quote Originally Posted by TS168 View Post
    Hi beetlejuice403,
    Yes there are Boraras brigittae. They seen to be coloring up well.
    Thanks bro TS168 for the confirmation, I sure hope that they are adapting well in my tank & hopefully... breeding!!! [Anyone has any actual experiencs in breeding this cute fishes?]

Hi Randchai
    Yes it take micro pellet.
    Hi Randchai, for me I feed them the flakes I use to feed my Neon Tetras (I simple take a clump of it & grind them till they become finer powder between my fingers... Seen them actively gobbling up those small little creatures (don't know if they are seed shrimps) that likes to swim under & at the substrate layer...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    They hate fast water current. You can keep them in a none filter tank also.
    i notice they color up well in ada amazonia soil.

I also like Boraras merah.
    Best Regards, TS
    PlantLog Garden Cryptocoryne, Bucephalandra .....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i managed to find Boraras brigittae at C328 today! of course, not without the help and directions from Auntie its located VERY near the counter, right above the tanks that has goldfish, and mounted on an external rack, size of tank about 15-20cm only..

they are SO TINY! at least the ones i bought were... they're only about 1cm in size! true to reports by bros over here, they had not much colours to speak of while at the LFS.. after a few hours some have coloured up a lot while the others are slowly colouring up.. i love them! they're so small and active all the time!

btw, is it normal for them not to school? they're just darting around everywhere loosely.. and they are quite shy? they're hiding at the back of the tank, few seldom come to the front..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by antitrust View Post
    i managed to find Boraras brigittae at C328 today! of course, not without the help and directions from Auntie its located VERY near the counter, right above the tanks that has goldfish, and mounted on an external rack, size of tank about 15-20cm only..

they are SO TINY! at least the ones i bought were... they're only about 1cm in size! true to reports by bros over here, they had not much colours to speak of while at the LFS.. after a few hours some have coloured up a lot while the others are slowly colouring up.. i love them! they're so small and active all the time!

btw, is it normal for them not to school? they're just darting around everywhere loosely.. and they are quite shy? they're hiding at the back of the tank, few seldom come to the front..
    They are quite shy. Like to hide a lot. However, for mine, the two of them will stay at a more strategic area to have food. In fact, my cardinal is more shy than them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by antitrust View Post

Glad you found the "secret" area most people tend to miss! My favourite corydoras pygmaeus use to always be housed there with the Boraras brigittae. Do check in periodically as they usually stock their tiniest fishes there like the axelrodi etc...

As mentioned by most of us here,colouring should not be the main issue especially with the Boraras brigittae. They always colour up well after properly acclimitizing to their new surroundings.

Schooling seems to be a problem it seems,especially if you're keeping a single species tank solely consisting of just Boraras brigittae. Similarly my tank of 105 Boraras urolphthalmoides never seem to school properly.They always look like a mess in one of my planted 2footers. From what i've read,it seems that when fishes feel less threatened they do not see a need to school? Usually an addition of a slightly bigger fish like say a trio of pearl danios or even a pair of apistos(possible killer?) will "scare" the fishes into forming a tighter school. My experience with my 100 lamp eyes in my other tank proved pretty useful as i experimented with them. My constant harassing(hand actions like waving etc) when in front of the tank sorta made them school? Now whenever i stand near the tank during feeding time they form a very tight school. On a negative side,they might seem alittle jumpy to some.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by aquanatix View Post
    My experience with my 100 lamp eyes in my other tank proved pretty useful as i experimented with them. My constant harassing(hand actions like waving etc) when in front of the tank sorta made them school? Now whenever i stand near the tank during feeding time they form a very tight school. On a negative side,they might seem alittle jumpy to some.
    This same problem with cardinal is bothering me. They tend to get so tense up and hide whenever there is human movement. I used to keep bigger fishes without this jumpy issue, but by seeing this on my cardinal, I feel abit sad. Is there way to make them braver?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12