Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: altum and eartheaters

Feedback Score

altum and eartheaters

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    need the comments and advice of the experts on my south american tank.

tank dimensions:6'x1.5'x1.5'
    filtration: 1 6ft OH filter with a 3600 liter per hour submersible pump
    set-up: driftwood, bogwood, thin layer of gravel, no plants
    inhabitants: 10 altum angels (2-3 inch diameter), 6 geophagus surinamensis (4 inches), 3 balzanii (3 inches), 1 geayi (2 inches), 1 red hump eartheater (5 inches), 2 silver dollars (5 inches), 1 flagtail (5 inches)

i've had the set-up for about two weeks now. do u think that i will have a problem with this community set-up? is it overcrowded?

thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    exactly what kind of wood setup you talking abt?

altums will prefer plants anytime. But without plants, the next best you can provide is some overhanging roots. long, thin and dense.

although all south americans, they dont really exist in the same habitat too. Eg the balzanii comes from a lot further south than the altum. But looking at your species i dont see a very big issue with differing water requirement.

what is gravel size? the eartheaters definitely will prefer finer ones. 1-2mm kind (the kind often used in planted tanks).

filtration is a little on the low side, esp when your's is a "fish only" tank. keep track of your water quality. do some tests. if you find that you cannot keep them in check, you have to upgrade your fitlration or change water more often