Images
    Country
    Malaysia

ADA Aquasoil & Nisso Volca Sand

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    After i appllied the concept similar to Dupla creative for 3 years, i must confess that it only applicable to Dutch tank, not Amano tank with nature aquascape as the plastic containers limit my imagination.

So recently i come out with the idea that using soil substrate such as Nisso Volca Sand(Available at Farmart and Turf city, about S$48 for 8kg)or ADA aquasoil esp the Amazonia aquasoil(Not available in Singapore) with Oceanfree root monster only as base substrate.

By doing so, we can not only prevent base fert leaking, but also
    - Prevent alga bloom due to base fert leaking.

- Able to keep demanding plant more easily such as Tonina sp(Proven by Hong Konger and Taiwanese hobbyists)

- Keep pH below 6.5 esp the ADA amazonia soil.

- Keep tank water cystal clear as the ADA and Nisso substrates are highly porous.

- Keep easy growing plants without CO2 and no water change up to six months (Proven by my fishshop owner friend in Taman Perling, JB)

-The overall appearance is stunning as it resembles the colour of soil.

However there are some minor drawbacks for these substrate,
    -It will become muddy after two or three years as the granulars are soft but i don't mind as it doesn't affect the plant growth.

-Limited selection to tablet form fertilisers. For instance the Sera florenette A will melt after a while which will create a mess in substrate. That's why i recommend root monster which will keep the shape.

-The substrate is unwashable.

-Too costly for big tank.

Any comments?
    Aquatic plants and LEGO collector.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm thinking of adding denerlle quartz or biolit (new one. but I think of putting that in fbf instead) on top of the ada soil..so that water change isn't so difficult/messy.