Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the different between i-Flo pipe set vs ADA Lily pipes?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I bought it from KS, the one behind the tiong bahru plaza, forgot the road name

PM you the price.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just to check, what is your filter in/oulet size and how big is your tank.
    For the ans, they come in only one size for 12mm size tubing.
    The finishing in my opinion is poor, i am using it , but still can do/live with it.
    I have not use before i-flo, cal aqua labs or ADA lily pipes so i don't think i will comment on them.
    Chee Yong

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ANS do have smaller one 10mm.

What do you mean by finishing? Sorry I'm loss, I never see or touch ADA before, can differentiate the different except for ADA logo
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Talking

Bro,

If money no problem then go for ADA = branded, better 'finishing', if on budget the go for alternative e.g. i-Flo , ANS = not 'branded' and 'finishing not as good' but it still get the job done.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    every one keep talking about finishing, what is considered as good finishing?
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    to ADA supporters, good finishing is that ADA label printed on the item lor...as long as the ADA label is there, it's worth the money

jokes aside, thing's i've read from this thread and others:

1. thickness of glass
    2. scratches on item
    3. design of lily pipes (though who's to say ADA's design is the best when compared with the others?)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    your really funny.

When i bought the ANS in/oulet piping, there was only 13mm. The inlet pipe, the hole was rough, and there was scratchs on the edges. Maybe they improve on it since then. But i did not expect much since the price difference is so much.
    Chee Yong

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You bet so. The price different is about 3 - 4 times..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You can try getting it at Biotope.. i saw it there before... around $30 for single or $60 for both intake and outlet. Think other LFS should have but i haven seen yet....
    Last edited by benny; 5th Aug 2008 at 19:58. Reason: SMS Lingo
    4x2x2 ft tank (2 x 2028 ): Cardinal, Ember and Neon Tetras, Cherry Barbs, Panda, Pygmaeus and Hasbrosus cories, Clown and Coolie loach, L134 and non-ID pleco, Common and giant otos, Whiptails and Yamato, Cherry and Malayan Shrimps
    3x1.5x1.5 ft tank ( Eheim 2028 ) Retired
    1x1x1 ft tank ( Eheim 2041 ): 2 goldfish

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by tcy81 View Post
    your really funny.

When i bought the ANS in/oulet piping, there was only 13mm. The inlet pipe, the hole was rough, and there was scratchs on the edges. Maybe they improve on it since then. But i did not expect much since the price difference is so much.
    I didn't pay attention to such detail, it is ok for me as long as it is not chip or crack.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Cal Aqua Pipes look good, maybe you can head to midori to have a look at them before deciding which do you prefer? (Think they have a special promotion for them if im not wrong?)

cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by jacian View Post
    I am using the I-Flo (S-size, got from HK), it fits nicely for my Eden 501. Personally I do find that quality is not up to expectation. While choosing the set, I do find that each set looks slightly different from other, especially the shape of the outflow. Also, most of them carries some scratches even though they are all brand new. I feel that the set is very fragile.

There are other alternatives too, I am also using another set (think is some taiwan brand) which I feel is good and value for money. The one from CAL Aqua Labs looks good to me too and not to forget Do!Aqua which is from ADA too.
    Just to add on. Different brand uses different type of glass so the durability of the glass is different. Dont think the material is glass means everything is the same. Those who study engineering will understand about the material properties. Please be extra careful when you use glassware because when it break, it is very sharp and it can cause injury.

A personal experience. I once try to insert a tubing into my glass diffuser (dunno what brand) when suddenly the glass diffuser breaks. The glass tube pierce into my hand and I have a deep cut. I go to the GP and the doctor advise me to go hospital for stitching. Even the doctor on duty is shocked as this is the 1st time he hear people getting cut by aquarium products.

Till today, I still have phobia using those fragile diffusers sold for less than $10. This $10 thing makes me pay >$80 for hospital fees (lucky can claim from company) and lots of worries for my wife.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    edit2: i won't be responding to any more of Kenneth's stupid comments. he's obviously got issues and I won't feed his attention seeking ways any longer.
    Please behave and conduct yourself properly in this forum. There is not a need to resort to name calling or to bring down a fellow member when there is a discussion going on. I believe most of us here are adult and should conduct themselves maturely.

Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    edit: at the end of the day, there are people who despise ADA (like myself) and others who adore it (like magic4lifez). He has his reasons, and I have mine. As magic4lifez has recommended, go take a look for yourself and form your own opinion and make your own decision I don't want this turning into another thread debating the merits or demerits of ADA
    You have made this point several times in various thread. We get that already. We also know that there is such a thing as choice. It is available to you and all other member in this forum. There is a choice as to use product from ADA or to get from some other company which could replicate something that may look similar but cost lesser. Choice is also available to you, there is not a need to have a reply from you stating your distaste to the ADA brand. You don't see other member doing the same thing you are doing. Sure, there are other members who will not be using ADA product but do you see them coming out and replying that they do not like ADA?

In my opinion, you owe Kenneth an apology. Nothing he replied has warranted you to call his contribution to this thread as a stupid comment. Are you in any position to have the right to judge him just because his replies does not seem to be in similar agreement to yours? The forum is to be used to gather information and the knowledge to the hobby of upkeeping aquatic life form whether freshwater or marine. It will have different ways of going into this hobby and there are no single hard and fast rule to say that a single way is the correct way. The industry is forever evolving and new product and company will appear so often. There's no place for product bashing, name calling persons in this forum. We exist for the betterment of the community and do not need a singular opinionated person to constantly affect the community negatively.

Hope this helps!
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I though "I-Flo" and "ANS" is the same design as "Lily pipe". Is just different manufacturer. I'm confuse!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! TIME TO LAY BACK AND RELAX!
    A Journey Of A Thousand Miles Begins With A Single Step

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    What do you mean by finishing? Sorry I'm loss, I never see or touch ADA before, can differentiate the different except for ADA logo
    its like in the early days when you buy a proton saga, some of the car boots have a bigger gap on the left side vs the right side. that is call finishing
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I thought that was a design problem.
    -Robert

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    it's more of the factory exercising low QC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i always feels that ADA are for rich people who have no worries on money issues.
    if i ever happen to get a lily pipe.. i'll sure get brands like ANS.. ADA simply too expensive though i have yet to touch one ADA lily pipe to feel the difference( i doubt there would be) as long as it serve the purpose as a lily pipe im fine with it..

and yes, biotope is carrying ANS lily pipe.. around $30 each if im not wrong.
    based on looks, not much difference between it and ADA.. but price is 1 ada lily pipe i can get maybe 4 - 5 ANS ones..

my 2 cents.

Edit : the only ADA stuffs i feel that its worth the price would be their ADA substrate( aka Amazonia I and II)
    pretty cheap and works well for me.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Cheap got cheap use, expensive got rich use. There's also a lot of in-betweens who are just plain mad like myself.

They about designer goods is that if you've gotta ask, you can't afford it. As for thread starter, you may need to balance your budget a bit because for the cost of cheaper alternative you may be able to afford more nice magazines and also other products to boost your aquascaping skills.

Cost is always going to be a factor, if not ADA would not be coming out with a more affordable range of products.

Wearing a Georgio Armani shirt feels different from wearing a G2000 shirt doesn't it?
    You can if you dare to fail - Stan Chung

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by patricc View Post
    U can try getting it at Biotope.. i saw it there before... around $30 for single or $60 for both intake and outlet. Think other LFS should have but i haven seen yet....
    What is the size of the lily intake and outlet from Biotope? Was thinking to get it and try on my Eheim 2028 setup.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast