Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the different between i-Flo pipe set vs ADA Lily pipes?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

What is the different between i-Flo pipe set vs ADA Lily pipes?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

What is the different between i-Flo pipe set vs ADA Lily pipes? The price is so much different just because it is ADA?

Thanks

With regards
    Windcharm

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Difference is the finishing. Product usability is pretty much the same thing. Get ADA if your entire setup is ADA, so a complete set would seem much nicer..

You're paying very much for brand and quality* for ADA.

cheers,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    not so much quality. you're paying very much for brand and a little bit for quality for ADA

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Windcharm, what you pay is what you get. Go for it if $ is no issue to you. You can take time down and compare the difference between both for yourself. (Its NOT a little bit of quality for ADA )

i-flo : 10mm in diameter, hence you will need 9mm tubing. If your tubes are 12mm, you will need to buy additional 9mm tubing + transformer. (Depending where you buy and length of tube it will cost around $15). Finishing not as good as ADA.

cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Once the tube is submerge in the tank water does the qaulity aspect really make much of difference to justify the high price for the ADA? I am comtemplating getting a set too but the price really sucks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by magic4lifez View Post
    Windcharm, what you pay is what you get. Go for it if $ is no issue to you. You can take time down and compare the difference between both for yourself. (Its NOT a little bit of quality for ADA )
    i beg to differ, the difference in quality is very little

Quote Originally Posted by magic4lifez View Post
    i-flo : 10mm in diameter, hence you will need 9mm tubing. If your tubes are 12mm, you will need to buy additional 9mm tubing + transformer. (Depending where you buy and length of tube it will cost around $15). Finishing not as good as ADA.
    i have seen non-ADA knockoff pipes in 13mm and 17mm as well. again, i beg to differ about the finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lim View Post
    Once the tube is submerge in the tank water does the qaulity aspect really make much of difference to justify the high price for the ADA? I am comtemplating getting a set too but the price really sucks.
    The point about lily pipes is that it's supposed to look "invisible" in the water...so if it's supposed to be "invisible", would there be much of a difference between one "invisible" product and another "invisible" one?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Go for it if $ is no issue to you bro windcharm. Go compare the quality yourself, then justify whether its worth the price to you.. Everyone got their own liking and preference.. As well as what is worth to them.. Just as some who think ADA has little quality

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yup, to some the brand alone is worth the cost, despite similar or inferior quality of items attached to the brand name. if you are one of such people, please do buy ADA or you'll never be able to sleep at night. undoubtedly, ADA is the most prestigeous name in the hobby in Singapore at the moment.

edit: at the end of the day, there are people who despise ADA (like myself) and others who adore it (like magic4lifez). He has his reasons, and I have mine. As magic4lifez has recommended, go take a look for yourself and form your own opinion and make your own decision I don't want this turning into another thread debating the merits or demerits of ADA

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    As far as i know don't think ADA has any inferior quality of items attached to its name.

cheers,

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    The point about lily pipes is that it's supposed to look "invisible" in the water...so if it's supposed to be "invisible", would there be much of a difference between one "invisible" product and another "invisible" one?
    Are you saying the ADA will be invisible (less visible) inside the water compare to other knock off brand?
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i'm saying that there wouldn't be a difference Robert

Kenneth: "as far as you know" is the key phrase here. as far as I know, it does have inferior products compared with other brands. However, that is a debate not suited for this thread. we can agree to disagree and leave it as that.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I am using the I-Flo (S-size, got from HK), it fits nicely for my Eden 501. Personally I do find that quality is not up to expectation. While choosing the set, I do find that each set looks slightly different from other, especially the shape of the outflow. Also, most of them carries some scratches even though they are all brand new. I feel that the set is very fragile.

There are other alternatives too, I am also using another set (think is some taiwan brand) which I feel is good and value for money. The one from CAL Aqua Labs looks good to me too and not to forget Do!Aqua which is from ADA too.
    My Apisto Keeping Diary
    Apistogramma agassizii, Apistogramma bitaeniata "Careiro", Apistogramma brevis, Apistogramma elizabethae, Apistogramma eremnopyge, Apistogramma sp. "Miua", Dicrossus filamentosus

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Every cent more you pay is what you get.. IF knockoff brand is not much different from ADA.. i don't think ADA lily pipes will be so well received(to the extent that most models are already out of stock despite their price which is many more times than knock off ones..)..

Can afford it, and think its worth to you.. get it..

Can't afford it? Simply don't buy it..
    Last edited by Panut; 5th Aug 2008 at 00:32.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    Kenneth: "as far as you know" is the key phrase here. as far as I know, it does have inferior products compared with other brands. However, that is a debate not suited for this thread. we can agree to disagree and leave it as that.
    Err can you please don't play with english LOL

Maybe you can list down some inferior products of ADA so we can be better informed?
    I can create a new thread for you for your valuable inputs..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    kudos for being quarrelsome for the sake of being quarrelsome. i've already stated explicitly that my opinion and yours obviously differ. If you can't accept that opinions can and do differ, and a brand name is something you cannot get everyone to agree on (So how? Canon camera better or Nikon camera better ah? ), then you have alot to learn. I'm not ADA bashing for the sake of ADA bashing, but offering an alternative view to the slavish facination you seem to have for the brand.

every cent more you pay is what you get? I got a piece of garbage here. $100 special price just for you. does that make my garbage any more valuable?

ADA is well received? of course it is. I've never denied that it's well received. Is it a reflection of quality? Not at all. It's the brand name, like I've stated repeatedly.

As for inferior products, go pay for a subscription to Tom Barr's forum and read his chemical analysis of ADA's liquid ferts.

if you honestly believe that there is no alternative to ADA because ADA is one of the more expensive brands out there, then I pity you.

Anyhow, as I've stated repeatedly, this isn't an ADA bash/commend thread. you post your views and i'll post mine. no need to take my disdain for your favourite brand so personally kids will be kids i guess

edit: for the record, i have not once stated that ADA is useless, nor have I said that ADA is ineffective. I am just stating that there are equal/better alternatives out there that are better for your pocket. If you like the ADA brand and have the money to splurge, please DO go and buy it and ignore everything i said. PLEASE do.
    Last edited by illumnae; 5th Aug 2008 at 22:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by jacian View Post
    I am using the I-Flo (S-size, got from HK), it fits nicely for my Eden 501. Personally I do find that quality is not up to expectation. While choosing the set, I do find that each set looks slightly different from other, especially the shape of the outflow. Also, most of them carries some scratches even though they are all brand new. I feel that the set is very fragile.

There are other alternatives too, I am also using another set (think is some taiwan brand) which I feel is good and value for money. The one from CAL Aqua Labs looks good to me too and not to forget Do!Aqua which is from ADA too.
    great feedback jacian

I've examined a few brands (including ADA) as I was considering lily pipes for my upcoming project as well (before finally deciding on Eheim installation sets instead). I find that ANS and PH (i-flo) brand lily pipes are pretty well made. The i-flo ones i inspected did not have any scratches on them (I inspected a few sets of different sizes at Keong Seong).

I've also read alot of good reviews about the CAL Aqua Labs pipes. In fact, some people have said that the way that the CAL pipes are shaped/made are better than the ADA ones. However, I've never personally seen one of the CAL ones myself so I can't testify to that.

One brand that other forums have cautioned against are Aquatic Magic as they are fragile and shatter easily.

I've seen some offered on ebay as well from HK, but I'm not certain which brand these fall under. Some are i-flo I believe but I'm not sure what the others are.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Woo. Thank you for all your responses... Seem like we have a group of ADA followers and not here

For me, ADA is really the "Branded" good for hobbyist like us. ADA pipes are too expensive for me, I will second for i-FLO set instead. Money is not easy to earn! haha

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    good choice windcharm (in my opinion). if you have the time, you could consider doing what I did. go and inspect the various brands available. besides i-flo, there's CAL Aqua (good offer at midori i believe) and ANS available as well. As i've mentioned, CAL Aqua is well received in the US and believed by some to be better desined than ADA originals.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by windcharm View Post
    Woo. Thank you for all your responses... Seem like we have a group of ADA followers and not here

For me, ADA is really the "Branded" good for hobbyist like us. ADA pipes are too expensive for me, I will second for i-FLO set instead. Money is not easy to earn! haha
    Same as you, can't afford ADA product. I'm using ANS for a year now, I'm happy with it, serve it purpose well.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Same as you, can't afford ADA product. I'm using ANS for a year now, I'm happy with it, serve it purpose well.
    How much is ANS and where can I get it?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast