Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Enquiry on 'Wonder grow' macro fertilizer

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    as stated in the instrutions we are suppose to pump 2-3pumps for every 100l of water tank displacement everyday or alternate days. ok here's the question what about if my tank is the standard 3x1.5x1.5 which is equivalent to about 182.25L. must i follow the instruction and pump 3 quarter of pump every day or alternate days? i just want to make sure im doing the right thing or should i just pump during water change and midweek.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dosage is usually a guide as no manufacturer will know exactly how much water you are holding in your tank.

For your case, you can just follow the recommendations and dose about 5-6 pumps (assuming ~200L). Dosing after a water change is fine.
    Mizu World - Understanding your Aquatic Needs
    Web: http://www.mizuworld.com Email: [email protected] Contact: +6597857957 (Ben)

Distributor of

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    For my 4x1.5x1.5 I dose 16.5ml on Tues and Thurs using a syringe (buy from Guardian pharmacy) Sun is my weekly water change.(around 10&#37
    Jonathan ~Sith code~
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion
    Through passion I gain strength,
    Through strength, I gain power,
    Through power, I gain victory
    Through victory my chains are broken

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    heeroyu16, is this the old packaging or the new one?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    new packaging

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    i was thinking of switching to these as well, to simplify my dosing schedule since im intending to keep only rotalas greens, naj, indicas with just some ferns/nanas and HC. Abit of hassle using seachem full range right now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I've been using wondergro for about a year and I'm satisfied with the results thus far. I still have another year's supply in stock (5 litres Macro+ and 2 litres Micro+ ). hopefully by then someone will be able to bring in more of the large quantity bottles so I can replenish my stock, otherwise I may switch to Lushgro.

torque6, I think you mentioned in another thread that you like to be precise about the ppm dosage of your ferts. If that's the case, an alternative to consider is Lushgro, as there exist a number of Excel calculators out there that tell you precisely how much you're dosing in your tank. The only hassle is the separate dosing of P as Lushgro doesn't contain P in its mixtures. Wondergro has P but no such calculators

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    what is your wonder grow fert regime like?if i am to just dose 5-6 pumps every water change for macro will it be enough?

Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
    I've been using wondergro for about a year and I'm satisfied with the results thus far. I still have another year's supply in stock (5 litres Macro+ and 2 litres Micro+ ). hopefully by then someone will be able to bring in more of the large quantity bottles so I can replenish my stock, otherwise I may switch to Lushgro.

torque6, I think you mentioned in another thread that you like to be precise about the ppm dosage of your ferts. If that's the case, an alternative to consider is Lushgro, as there exist a number of Excel calculators out there that tell you precisely how much you're dosing in your tank. The only hassle is the separate dosing of P as Lushgro doesn't contain P in its mixtures. Wondergro has P but no such calculators

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by illumnae View Post

ya, i like precision, but unfortunately keeping intune with EI has proven difficult wiht KNO3 dosing, since seachem doesnt have pure version of what tom has in the US. Therefore, I am unable to simulate "luxury" dosing without triggering some algae growth each week.

How i wish i could quote" dose as much KNO3, and you will not have any algae, but a 1/20 of ammonia/urea will cause algae".

Sometimes in life, the best approach is the "dont worry too much" approach.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i haven't used the new formula yet. i have 5 litres of macro and 2 litres of micro from the old formula i used the recommended dosage for the old formula split into 3 dosings a week for my high tech tank (e.g. the old formula was 10ml per 50 litres of water for Macro+, so I needed about 80ml per week. I dosed about 27ml each on Saturdays [water change day] Mondays and Wednesdays. I dosed similarly for micros on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    yup, i was thinking of that too, use the recommended dosage and split by 3 macros with micros+. 1 day left for water changes.

I am managing 6 different components in seachem , headache....Of course if im having great success, then yes, i would certainly leave things as it is. but....

Anyway, not to say the issue might lies with EI, but other factors whic could contribute to persistant algae issues in my case.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    sorrie for a newbie question, when is the best time to dose the fert?
    I presume when the lights is just switched on right? can we do it at night when the lights are off? (cause i am always in a hurry in the morning.. )
    i am using wonder grow macro too.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi torque
    i found a thread by you answering my question. Interesting thread. Thanks!
    http://www.aquaticquotient.com/forum...ad.php?t=43634

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    tried dosing 6 pumps after water change but i find that algae is blooming and my frogbit not doing well. i guess will try dosing daily or alternate days for me.