Country
    Singapore

Geo Liquid and Black Water

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

I understand that Geo Liquid will clear up black water. Does that mean that it makes the black water ineffective?

Anyway, I have been using Geo Liquid after each water change. So far so good. Now I am thinking of adding black water as well after the Geo Liquid clear up, so that I may condition the tank for my tetras/altums etc.

Has anyone tried this before? or is the black water going to be wasted?

Many thanks for sharing.

P.S. If this should go into the Fishkeeping Section, would be grateful if one of the moderators can move it. Sorry, just realised I may have posted wrongly. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i wouldn't recommend using geoliquid in the first place
    it's what the US people call 'snake oil' and what i call a good way to burn a hole in your wallet

regardless, if you're partial to it, you can do a very simple experiment
    just dump in some geoliquid after adding a little blackwater and see what happens

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah, i realized some months ago that geo liquid is really not necessary. after medication, use carbon and water-changes and for 'clear water', rely on your filter, water-changes and 'maybe' those commercial beneficial bacteria.

i read ocean free's write-out for their blackwater before. they claimed that 'a light brown colour will appear when added to the aquarium but will disappear slowly'. so that means - if your water is not black/brown, doesn't mean the elements from the blackwater is not there, right? ... just a thought.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yimin, just realized your 'title' has been changed to 'snr moderator'. wow, is it becos you'll be 1-year old in AQ in 2 days time? []
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thx yimin. actually, i may just have to do the experiment. []

and thx coryfav. guess you have changed your mind since the last thread "anyone uses geoliquid here?quot; []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    not only me
    and no, it's not because of the 1 yr thing []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    lip, i stopped using geo liquid cos of the 'quality' issue. after it became 'flex' brand, ocean free started 'pure liquid'. sad to say, 'pure liquid' left behind a whitish substance all over my tank! [:0]

so i stopped, then i realized i don't need it! []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thx, coryfav. maybe i will go off geoliquid and add black water instead...
    []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    your 'title' has been changed to 'snr moderator'. []
    ----------------
    Promoted ! so ! when buying dinner ! []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yah hor Allen... all the newly promoted Snr Mod should chia dinner.... ONZ!!
    Allen