Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: the death of the tiger shrimps !!!!

Feedback Score

the death of the tiger shrimps !!!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    well on sat , i went to gen x and saw their tiger shrimp. wanted to get wood shrimp but heard they feed on microorganism instead of algae (defeat the purpose of having shrimp in for now) so i bought 10 tiger shrimps. went to frens place rot around 1 hr , left his house at 7 to meet other frens. went to far east eat . then go hmv play arcade. put shrimps next to battle gear. went home abt 10:30. place shrimp plastic bag in for 15 min ( let temp same) then release shrimp

the next day , found 1 dead shrimp in the front. then today , found 1 that was dead for quite a while . it was red and it had white fungi all over it. then while i was removing it , i saw another shrimp , it was moving very strange. it swam up very fast , then like it had a heart attack, stopped moving and started to float down with its legs sticking out. then repeat until it died.

is this new or did my sat nite out cause their deaths ?
    here fishy fish fishy . here shirmpy shirmpy here is my noobie tank(3wk)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    As a owner, always plan ahead before you buy any life creature. Ask yourself if your tank is ready. Do not give your pet unneccessary transport stress. Settle them in tank as soon as possible. Do a research before you buy them. Know what you are buying(someone was asking, is the tiger shrimp red?). Respect a life, even if it's cheap.
    Many a times, we buy them just because they caught our eyes, we tend to judge a life in term of it's size and money value.
    Spare a thought, respect the shrimp!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I'm new here hope my info is useful to you.

I bought some tiger at a pretty far away place did some other shopping and got home around 2-3 hours later. Checked my shrimps from place to place to see if they were fine. Bought some yamatos with the same experience too. Nothing happened to them.

However a few more points to note:

1)Some people use shrimps to test their CO2 level. If it is too high most of them die off fast.

2)Due to the high oxygen that the fish shop is giving them they maybe not used to the oxygen in your tank.

3) Some shrimps may get stuck in the mesh used to tie riccia and moss.

4)Maybe those shrimps are not healthy.

5)If you have puffers in your tank to eat snails. They might attack them. It seems that they will bite alittle and leave it alone cause they are full already.

Anyway try to settle them quick. At most times I often try to go home after purchasing shrimps and even fish unless I have other important things to purchase.

Hope your shrimps are doing fine now.

Feedback Score
    the remaining shrimp seems healthy , they hang out at the driftwood bar " a small hole in the drift wood" and some swim abt near the fishes , not so sure if thats wat shrimp does.
    here fishy fish fishy . here shirmpy shirmpy here is my noobie tank(3wk)

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    chia2k, of the 20 tiger shrimp i obtained from the shop down at BP, i've lost 2 so far. never found any other dead ones but there's alot of empty shrimp shells. i think they're moulting cos they're growin bigger! even with my tank temp hovering around 28 to 30 degC, they're still rummaging for food along the gravel and deco in the tank. i must say they make a fascinating addition to my tank. []
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    stormhawk..just wondering if you can provide the name and add of the lfs where you bought your tiger shrimps? and how much did you forked out for them?

Thanks! [:]