Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Help: Why less airbubbles from Plants?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Help: Why less airbubbles from Plants?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all, prior to stocking my tank with fishes I noticed lots of air bubbles sizzling out from my plants

but since adding in the fish it's less if now gone! Not sure why? CO2 + Light level has remained same though. any advice is much appreciated
    Last edited by Morgan01; 4th Sep 2008 at 13:35.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Fishes breath of Oxygen, the concentration on O2 should be less than before. Thus yo see less bubble. It is also possible that when the fish swimming around, it didperse the buble
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I believe what bro Shadow said correct... the fish consume a large part of the oxygen within the water column. Basically you will see tiny bubbles when the concentration of oxygen is high within the water.

So yes, your tank is normal.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Any ways to restore the old scene with bubbles sizzling to top without flushing the fish into the toilet bowl?

i changed water 1/4 tank weekly + drop fertiliser biweekly

thanks guys for helping

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    up your light, CO2 and fert dossing. You can also reduce the bioload.

actually bubble or not, it doesn't really mather, your plant will still be growing at the same rate.
    -Robert
    Aquascaping is a marriage between Art and Farming
    My Blog: http://aquatic-art.blogspot.com/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Morgan,

From your picture, it looks like the columns of bubbles are actually coming from those parts of the plants that were accidentally damaged or rotting/melting. I saw a lot of these bubble-columns when my Crypts were at the melting stage.

If I'm correct, then no bubble-column should be good news because the plants have healed. The bubbles from the plants should be bigger in size and at longer intervals, unless you are growing Riccia. You can try experimenting by snipping off a leaf from your plant
    Warning: All posts are based on personal experience with no creditable validation whatsoever...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalmystic View Post
    Hi Morgan,

From your picture, it looks like the columns of bubbles are actually coming from those parts of the plants that were accidentally damaged or rotting/melting. I saw a lot of these bubble-columns when my Crypts were at the melting stage.

If I'm correct, then no bubble-column should be good news because the plants have healed. The bubbles from the plants should be bigger in size and at longer intervals, unless you are growing Riccia. You can try experimenting by snipping off a leaf from your plant
    appreciate your analysis. very indept. thanks! just the sight of bubbles streaming upwards is very attractive.

Anyone install a airpump will extremely tiny outlets which can simulate this scene?